zone97

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a ds lite, my nephew has a regular DS, My ds is flashed, has an M3 lite. his is stock.

using my cart, my "roms" and using single cart mode in metroid, and ridgeracer. he connects downloads and then it fails. did the same thing with another plain ds. Then i gave him the m3, and used a passkey2 on his and let him host, same roms, worked fine for me to download with the lite and play? Anyone know why this is? Could it be something that was done with the flashme?

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most likely related to flashme, or rather the other device not being flashed.

There are confusing threads regarding this all over the place, but the only thing I can say is flash all devices (there's no downside!) and you won't have any problems - I never experienced one.

Edit: Damn. I was beaten. I HAVE FURY
wink.gif

zone97

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you need to get 1 of it flashed.

some kind of game swork though like bomberman and tetris etc.....
but there is already a topic ongoin 1 day ago..

The lite is flashed, the red ds is not.

are you saying i need to have them both be flashed for download play to work?

BTW: where can you get the flash that works on the red/blue ds's? its not hosted on the original site anylonger.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can use the flashme.nds file you used on your DS Lite. Onto the real question... The receiving DS must have FlashMe if you're sending from a rom.

XeNoGeaR

Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want all download play games to work...... you need to get both flashed yes.

there are only a few games that works with flash + unflashed or passcard + unflash. whatever.....

flashme is just so simple..esspecially for the big ones....so dont bother and flash that big one and make it gold
biggrin.gif

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I suppose the regular flashme should work everywhere.

I also suppose, the downloading device has to be flashed
wink.gif

But I cannot tell perfectly, mine are all flashed and I never had such problems.

Edit: HA! Closer this time! But more opponents. Damn.
nyanya.gif

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To reiterate: a non-flashed cannot read encrypted ROMs via Download Play (a flashed one can both uncrypted and encrypted ROMs).

So if the non-flashed is hosting the game, any flashed/non-flashed DS can get on it.

If a flashed DS is hosting the game, only another flashed DS can read the incoming uncrypted files.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
To reiterate: a non-flashed cannot read encrypted ROMs via Download Play (a flashed one can both uncrypted and encrypted ROMs).

So if the non-flashed is hosting the game, any flashed/non-flashed DS can get on it.

If a flashed DS is hosting the game, only another flashed DS can read the incoming uncrypted files.
Totally false. There is another topic around here where I did some tests, hosting from my flashed DS, and almost all games worked perfectly fine from my EZ4. The conclusion I came to is that the most likely culprit are the devices themselves, siince each one patches the roms differently to allow it to run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: