Download play with 2 G6 Cards

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by M4sterSplint3r, May 31, 2007.

May 31, 2007
  1. M4sterSplint3r
    OP

Newcomer M4sterSplint3r Newbie

United States
    I'm fairly new to this, I have searched some through to forums to try and find my answer but found nothing. From what I have read it seems that if there were two DS's with the G6 that download play would work. So thats my question if there are two DS's with the G6 and you try to have a multiplayer game of Metroid for example, would it work? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2. Kiazcmm

Newcomer Kiazcmm Member

United States
    im guessing that one person doesnt have the rom on the g6 and one does?

3. dividend

Newcomer dividend Member

Yes it would work. My gf and I both have DS's with G6 Lites and play multiplayer all the time.

And in my experience, when we had 2 DS's and only one G6 Lite (before we got the second one), you could still do download play as long as the DS without the cart had FlashMe. Also, you couldn't use Trim Rom on the rom.

edit: My mistake. You can use Trim Rom on the rom. I meant you can't use Software Reset on the rom if you have two DS's and one G6 and want to download play

4. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Having a G6 in your NDS doesn't change a thing for receiving Download Play, as for receiving you have to click that thing in the main menu and you won't even start up G6 or something.

But if you have two G6's you can also just use Multicard Multiplayer, where you both open the same game from your G6 and use the ingame multiplayer instead of having someone download it. Which would work, but it also does with about all other flashcarts...

5. M4sterSplint3r
    OP

Newcomer M4sterSplint3r Newbie

United States
    Yes assuming both G6's had the same ROM and used multicard multiplayer, me and my younger brother are going to be buying a flash cart so that was one of my biggest concerns was if it worked between cards. So you say it works with most other carts as well? I might have to reconsider what we get then.