Astoria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
QUOTE said:
Nintendo-3DS.jpg

It has been been revealed that the Download Play feature in 3DS games is region-locked. According to reports, trying to set up a wireless battle on Star Fox 64 3D between two systems of different regions proved unfruitful as the receiving device could not find any software.

[youtube]l0JS0cQGD-Y[/youtube]

Source

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
blaziken said:
NINTENDO LET PEOPLE TRADE FROM US POKEMON GAMES TO PAL GAMES PLEASE... DONT BE A DICK
I don't think this will be affected, do you have to download things to trade pokemon? Other than the B-W to older games thing, which could have been better with the pokes being ripped from the old game to an SD card and caught on the new one (thus be able to be done on one system)

T.Kuranari

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That may be one of the reasons why people shouldn't buy Nintendo products. I really hate the region lock and have sent Nintendo a few days ago an email and expressed my concerns about the region lock and why european people will buy the PS Vita instead of the 3DS when Good People Die hits the american market. So far I haven't recieved a reply and I doubt I will.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
T.Kuranari said:
That may be one of the reasons why people shouldn't buy Nintendo products. I really hate the region lock and have sent Nintendo a few days ago an email and expressed my concerns about the region lock and why european people will buy the PS Vita instead of the 3DS when Good People Die hits the american market. So far I haven't recieved a reply and I doubt I will.
it's not only nintendo products that are region locked. Companies have been doing that for years before nintendo.

Also how many people are you going to download play with in other regions? That seems like only a problem you would have at conventions, or other stuff. IF wireless Multi card is region locked THEN I'll have a problem.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That defeat the "portable" principle, and the "take your console anywhere when you travel". You just can't play with a foreigner friends/family.
It's evolving backward on a modern society which become connected more and more with Internet.

But I guess Nintendo has his own purpose to go back few years in the past.

Reactions: cearp

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan said:
That defeat the "portable" principle, and the "take your console anywhere when you travel". You just can't play with a foreigner friends/family.
Oh man, I forgot about that
mad.gif
WHAT THE HELL NINTENDO, THIS BETTER BE TEMPORARY AND HAVE AN UPDATE TO FIX IT SOON!
grrrrrrr...

T.Kuranari

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SonicXXXthehedgehog said:
Cyan said:
Oh man, I forgot about that
mad.gif
WHAT THE HELL NINTENDO, THIS BETTER BE TEMPORARY AND HAVE AN UPDATE TO FIX IT SOON!
grrrrrrr...
Obviously Nintendo wants you to buy for each region a 3DS and 2 copies of the same game. Sending an NTSC game via Download Play to a PAL 3DS and vice versa may hurt you!

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
OMG this is NOT a big deal. I've played region locked games on Nintendo stuff for years and it doesn't slow me down...if anything I get better connectivity when I select "region only" over worldwide in any game. There are plenty of people in each region to play with...I doubt you'll ever NOT have someone to play with. I know this is a 3DS thread but as a side note...anyone who plays COD games knows playing with other regions results in REALLY SHITTY CONNECTIONS. I bet 3DS gameplay would be no different. IF you want LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG, ask for the region free. Plus when is it a necessity to have region free gaming? I'm sure that Euros would rather play with other Euros the United States players and vice versa. Region free is convenient but it isn't necessary, plus anyone who mods can "unlock" regions and not whine lol.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10_0ARMY said:
OMG this is NOT a big deal. I've played region locked games on Nintendo stuff for years and it doesn't slow me down...if anything I get better connectivity when I select "region only" over worldwide in any game. There are plenty of people in each region to play with...I doubt you'll ever NOT have someone to play with. I know this is a 3DS thread but as a side note...anyone who plays COD games knows playing with other regions results in REALLY SHITTY CONNECTIONS. I bet 3DS gameplay would be no different. IF you want LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG, ask for the region free. Plus when is it a necessity to have region free gaming? I'm sure that Euros would rather play with other Euros the United States players and vice versa. Region free is convenient but it isn't necessary, plus anyone who mods can "unlock" regions and not whine lol.
You don't understand what's being discussed at all. The region lock that's being complained about is download play. It's or when you're in the same room as the people you're playing with (kinda like LAN) not for over the internet. So basically if you go from USA to Europe to visit some family you won't be able to play download play games with your friends because your 3ds is a different region than theirs.

Anyways, region locking has nothing to do with who you play with online. It has to do with restricting who can use software from where. Region locking is used to restrict content to certain regions of the world and also to sell content at different prices in the world.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This could get annoying when my little brother in Singapore gets a 3DS. But he probably won't get one until there's a 3DS flashcart anyways and then we could just both download the same game.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow that's lame... i know the nes 2 was not region locked... the nes where you put the game on top of it not the 1985 one...

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
on a side-note, what's this crazy ridiculous thing i'm hearing about StarFox64 3D battle mode being Download Play only? meaning no Multicart battle? I mean, that's good and all seeing as you need only 1 cart between 4 people, but... can they fit all of Battle mode in Download Play? and does it load faster than Multicart does?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1