Hacking Download-Play failed starting homebrew launcher

Dezorian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Greetings everyone. I am not sure if I am at the right place now, but here I go.

I got a New 3DS LL (japanese) with the firmware 11.2.33 and followed the exact instructions on 3ds.guide/.
So I chose the Homebrew Launcher (Soundhax) guideline.

Everything went fine till I first had to update (this page: 3ds.guide/finalizing-setup.html).
The page told me to turn DNS to auto if I'd get an error message while updating (i got an error which stated that there was no access to the internet). It was on.

On the page
Section II - Updating the System

Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”

So, I went to this CTRTransfer page and followed everything and upgraded my 11.2 firmware to 11.5 (I have no idea why I should have done that).
Still got error. So I connected to my Wifi and started the update. It worked. Now I am on firmware 11.6, yay?

I went into the Download Play application and followed the instructions further:

Section III - Launching FBI

I failed at point 10. When I relaunch the download play app, it doesn't start anything else but the download play as before.
I successfully switched hb.title to current app, etc.

So, I am at a loss right now. Does anyone have any idea how to successfully end this journey? :)

Thanks.

PS: This forum doesn't let me copy paste parts of the described guidelines (recognizes it as spam) so you may check that website yourself for clarification.

Last edited by Dezorian,

Dezorian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait a second. I just tried to redo the steps and actually pressed the "save settings" and pressed "reboot" inside rosalina.
It now started the homebrew when entering download play. I have to check how far I can get. I at least see FBI somewhere. A good sign.

Chazpelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok nice. The only thing remaining is those apps (including the homebrew launcher if you want to still run homebrew after updating).

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings everyone. I am not sure if I am at the right place now, but here I go.

I got a New 3DS LL (japanese) with the firmware 11.2.33 and followed the exact instructions on 3ds.guide/.
So I chose the Homebrew Launcher (Soundhax) guideline.

Everything went fine till I first had to update (this page: 3ds.guide/finalizing-setup.html).
The page told me to turn DNS to auto if I'd get an error message while updating (i got an error which stated that there was no access to the internet). It was on.

On the page
Section II - Updating the System

Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”

So, I went to this CTRTransfer page and followed everything and upgraded my 11.2 firmware to 11.5 (I have no idea why I should have done that).
Still got error. So I connected to my Wifi and started the update. It worked. Now I am on firmware 11.6, yay?

I went into the Download Play application and followed the instructions further:

Section III - Launching FBI

I failed at point 10. When I relaunch the download play app, it doesn't start anything else but the download play as before.
I successfully switched hb.title to current app, etc.

So, I am at a loss right now. Does anyone have any idea how to successfully end this journey? :)

Thanks.

PS: This forum doesn't let me copy paste parts of the described guidelines (recognizes it as spam) so you may check that website yourself for clarification.
download play doesnt work sometimes i suggest doing it on health and saftey

Chazpelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download play doesnt work sometimes i suggest doing it on health and saftey
i thought you had to use godmode9 for that. which i have no idea if it was installed before point 10. or it was needed to be installed after point 10

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought you had to use godmode9 for that. which i have no idea if it was installed before point 10. or it was needed to be installed after point 10
as of luma 8 theres somthing called the rosalina menu which allows you to swap an app temporarally

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs