Download play does not work at all !!!

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by its-my-right, Feb 4, 2007.

Feb 4, 2007
  1. its-my-right
    OP

Newcomer its-my-right Advanced Member

France
    Let me explain my case:

I have two ds: One fat, other lite; both flashed, and two M3 simply
    Before, i had a G6 lite, and from my lite (with the G6 put in) to the fat (un-flashed), download play did not work...so i flashed my fat, and it worked...then, i flashed my lite too.

So, when i was reading that download play did not work with all games, I was thinking that because my Dss were flashed, it will not be a problem...

but yesterday, i tried, and it does not work with all he games I tried (mario kart, worms, bleach ds, lost magic) I do not understand, because with my G6 lite, because my Dss were flashed, it worked, so I thought that it would be the same with my M3 simply...

So I wanted to know If it is a problem for you too, or if this problem exist only with flashed Ds ? and furthermore, could you tell me with which game are you sure that it works ? so i could test it...

Thanks a lot !

2. darksavior

Member darksavior GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Never flashed so I don't know. What i can tell you is that two ds's with two m3 simply's should work. Don't choose the download play option though. Have each ds load the same game, then have one start a multiplayer game and the other join in. I have an R4 (same as m3s), my bro a m3 simply, and have played alot of Mario Kart and Bleach heh

3. xabier

Member xabier GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    When slot1 carts came out some people comented that the games that didn't work with download play didn't work even to a flashed ds, when slot2 counterparts did

4. its-my-right
    OP

France
    Yeah, the "multi-card" option works fine, but for some games like worms for example, the only multiplay option is with one card, so, download play...

5. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
  6. nds_gamerz

Newcomer nds_gamerz Advanced Member

United States
    download play works for me. also my both ds lites are flashed.

7. its-my-right
    OP

France
    Sure, but with all the games ?

8. DkInc

Newcomer DkInc Newbie

I've had limited success with download play. It works with some games, but doesn't work with others. Here's another site with ROMs listings...

http://m3wiki.com/index.php/M3_Simply_Roms

Seems to be conflicting info on some of those lists. I suspect it might have something to do with the way the ROM was dumped originally since there are many different groups which released them.

9. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    Of the two I've tested, Mario Kart and Bomberman, both do not work. Doesn't matter though for me as I have multiple flashcarts

10. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    Boo, Multiplayer to DSs not using flashcarts with a slot-1 card does not work with most games, even when flashed? That sucks.
    Hope some sort of fix is released, like an update to flashme...

11. emudojo

Newcomer emudojo Member

Costa Rica
    bomberman worked for me, and Elite beat agents too (1 lite flashed + M3 simply, 1 lite normal)

12. outphase

United States
    I wouldn't immediately accuse flashme of any problems. Doing this, you completely ignore the fact that flashme was around longer and does very little in the way of download play other than ignoring RSA checks. You should be looking to the card manufacturer for any hope of a fix.

13. its-my-right
    OP

France
    Yeah, but the problem is because the future M3 real will be compatible at 100% with download play, I don't think they will release a firmware including this option for the simply, because the M3 real will loose its advantage on the simply, and so, people won't nedd to buy it, and they will not make money...

14. outphase

United States
    it only claims as such, in fact, doesn't ever manufacturer claim theirs is the best?

15. N3CR0P57

Newcomer N3CR0P57 Advanced Member

Canada
    M3 doesn't really have any say in the updates to the Simply, as they are done by the R4 team. If R4 does fix the problem, M3 basically has to follow suit, otherwise they would lose ALL their business. Customers would not stand knowing their was a fix and M3 refused to update due to conflict with Real sales.

16. XANIKSE0

Banned XANIKSE0 Banned

United Kingdom
    Let me explain my case:

I have two ds: One fat, other lite; both flashed, and two M3 simply
    Before, i had a G6 lite, and from my lite (with the G6 put in) to the fat (un-flashed), download play did not work...so i flashed my fat, and it worked...then, i flashed my lite too.

So, when i was reading that download play did not work with all games, I was thinking that because my Dss were flashed, it will not be a problem...

but yesterday, i tried, and it does not work with all he games I tried (mario kart, worms, bleach ds, lost magic) I do not understand, because with my G6 lite, because my Dss were flashed, it worked, so I thought that it would be the same with my M3 simply...

So I wanted to know If it is a problem for you too, or if this problem exist only with flashed Ds ? and furthermore, could you tell me with which game are you sure that it works ? so i could test it...

Thanks a lot !

17. xabier

Member xabier GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Download play to flashed consoles is way better(if not perfect) with slot2 cards, slot1 cards are broken, not flashme

18. mortys

Newcomer mortys Advanced Member

France
    I've ot a M3 Simply and no problem with Elite BEat Agents or PES 6. Don't try anything else in download Play.

19. XANIKSE0

Banned XANIKSE0 Banned

United Kingdom
    I've ot a M3 Simply and no problem with Elite BEat Agents or PES 6. Don't try anything else in download Play.

20. nds_gamerz

Newcomer nds_gamerz Advanced Member

United States
    i have to say some games work some games don't. you win some you lose some. if you want to the other ds to work then buy another m3 simply. isn't it worth the money with all the games your getting "elsewhere"? [​IMG]