Hacking Download Play and flashme?

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried doing download play with the R4 but with their system flashed?

Why doesn't download play work on R4? Can it be fixed?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any game will work just fine with download play IF both DSes are flashed.

Thats not true... Download play on the R4 doest work with most first party games, mainly only third party games work, whether both DS's are flashed or not, and it appears that issue cannot be fixed.
It WILL work with flashed DSes just fine according to my knowledge (as the encryption's not a problem anymore). Have you checked the download play on flashed DSes to prove me wrong though?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats only true with slot 2 carts, most slot 1 carts have trouble with download play
frown.gif

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
only the recieving DS needs to be flashed for download play to work....I wouldnt suggest flashing your ds using a slot1 card because if u acidently screw up and short it when ur past 1% theres no way to recover without a slot 2(correct me if im wrong?)

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
ive heard you can uninstall flashme but does it revert back to the original firmware or do u need to install the original firmware again. flashme is also good because if you brick your DS, not all of it gets bricked. the bottom half gets left untouched because the only way to get to their is to short the connection under the battery i think its called SL1. then u just reflash ur ds and it works again. correct me if im wrong on any of this

captainobvio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had any problems when i tested download play with my r4. I had my friend download mario kart ds off my r4 and it worked fine. So.. was that a fluke? i had a ds lite and he was using a ds fat

dOoBiX

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.icyhell.net
XP
Country
United States
The R4 has problems with broadcasting the download play games...

I tried to download play Mario Kart and Bleach 2nd from my R4 to a flashed DS, and both games gave white screen. However, download play with Tetris worked... Tetris doesn't even need a flashed DS for download play to work though.

heretik

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, this is my first post
shy.gif
. Just wanted to share, I have NDS Lite using a R4DS. When i first tried to download play from a friend, it wouldn't detect the game. Then I tried to unplug the R4 and download play worked fine for me. For the other way around, there was no problem when someone downloads from me though.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
The R4 has problems with broadcasting the download play games...

I tried to download play Mario Kart and Bleach 2nd from my R4 to a flashed DS, and both games gave white screen. However, download play with Tetris worked... Tetris doesn't even need a flashed DS for download play to work though.

i've tried non-flashed (with R4) to flashed (no game) for EBA, and it worked fine.

if anyone has any requests, i can try out some games. just dont overload me please
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol