OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To download the High Quality version of the video from YouTube you need to do this: Make a new bookmark and put this code as the location:

Remove space between java script
CodeCODE
java script:if%20(document.getElementById('download-youtube-video')==null%20&&%20!!(document.location.href.match(/http:\/\/[a-zA-Z\.]*youtube\.com\/watch/)))%20{var%20yt_mp4_path='http://www.youtube.com/get_video?fmt=18&video_id='+swfArgs['video_id']+'&t='+swfArgs['t'];%20var%20div_embed=document.getElementById('watch-embed-div');div_embed.innerHTML=div_embed.innerHTML+'%20Download%20as%20MP4%20(right-click%20and%20select%20Save%20'+%20(navigator.appName=='Microsoft%20Internet%20Explorer'?'target':'link')%20+'%20as)';}void(0);

Then when on Youtube page click the bookmark. An option will appear under the embed code on the right to save as mp4. Right click it and select Save As or it's variant and there you go! Higher quality videos to your hard drive and less time / degradation from conversions.

yt-1.jpg

Yay!
lecture.gif

janitormane

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dude, this rocks! Altough the files are bigger and I have a slow connection
mad.gif
But I guess it's worth it because they look much better on my psp, not to mention I can save directly to it!

props Noid

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I can't get it to work. I visit a youtube video then click the bookmark which I copy and pasted. I box comes up saying "The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded"

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
I can't get it to work. I visit a youtube video then click the bookmark which I copy and pasted. I box comes up saying "The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded"

Same here.

Oh how I want this to work...

Mr. Noid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
The codebox put a space between java script. It should be javascript. Then it will work. I can't figure out how to make it display correctly without breaking the code
wacko.gif

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Westside has it right. I copied the original link from google, pasted it in, selected google from the drop down options....right clicked the link for high res and I downloaded.

It downloaded a .html with a strange name but it was my video i wanted. All i had to do of course was rename the file and extention to whatever.mp4

Good find tho

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Google did this. They're making Youtube more like google video every day.

da_rula said:
This shows again how powerful java(script) can be.

Manipulating the innerHTML property? It must be really powerful! Also, Java and javascript are completely different things. Adding those brackets made you look silly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s