Homebrew Download games straight to the ds?

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can i download games and homebrews straight to my ds with a program i have tribe ds hobro and organize(organize crashes and i dont understand hobro cuz i dont have wifi)

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you don't have Wi-Fi, then how do you expect to download it on your DS? Not only that, but it simply won't work because DS Wi-Fi is just too slow.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
IIRC you can download things with Bunjalloo, but it downloads at something like 2~3 KB/s, so you'd have to download for days to get a single game. So yes, in theory you can, but it's impractical.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
You can in theory dwonload homebrew through DSOrganise, but it doesn't work for me.
Also, in theory you could download them, porvided they were not compress with Bunjalloo, however the save feature seemed to muck up me card.

However you need wifi for either of these

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
It's possible, but why bother waiting days to download ONE game.
tongue.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Matthew said:
You can in theory dwonload homebrew through DSOrganise, but it doesn't work for me.
I've managed to get a couple of homebrew apps that way, so it does work, as long as your connection isn't interrupted and you're able to wait long enough.

EDIT: On DSOrganise 3.1129 (birthday edition), as 3.2 is quite buggy.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
Alter said:
The way you're all talking makes it sound like you're talking commercial ROMs. Filthy pirates.

At what point did it sound like my DS games were pirated? People these days
smile.gif

ProtoKun7 said:
QUOTE(Matthew @ Jun 6 2010, 08:48 PM) You can in theory dwonload homebrew through DSOrganise, but it doesn't work for me.
I've managed to get a couple of homebrew apps that way, so it does work, as long as your connection isn't interrupted and you're able to wait long enough.

EDIT: On DSOrganise 3.1129 (birthday edition), as 3.2 is quite buggy.

Must be the fact I'm using 3.2 !!! Although I only use it for basic text editing and reseting my firmware. I have stupid card which ocasionaly makes the cache crash.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Matthew said:
Also, in theory you could download them, porvided they were not compress with Bunjalloo, however the save feature seemed to muck up me card.

However you need wifi for either of these

They can be compressed. There is an unzipper available for DS, its in the DSOrganize Homebrew Directory. Can't remember if it supports other formats than zip though, like rar the most common format for ds homebrew to be distributed in.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Njrg said:
Maybe we'll be able to download NDS roms practically with the 3DS?
The new-ish line of carts from www.r4i-sdhc.com have the "Games Engine" that allows you to browse and download roms directly to the cart.

I'm NOT recommending this cart (though they still have updates fairly regularly), just showing that the feature already exists.

links1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have often thought about this,

Is there a way I can set up a site (For myself only) and I could go to the site with the DSi Browser,
Then download any .nds rom I have uploaded to that site... onto the Mem.card in the AceKard2i...

also, could this be done with the PSP (With CFW of course)

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
OFF TOPIC.
I wonder you guys country internet speed is around what kbs?

if you got around 50-80 in my country,Malaysia,it considered fast
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0