Download G6/M3DS Real v2.42a X

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by ridgecity, Oct 18, 2007.

Oct 18, 2007
  1. ridgecity
    OP

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    http://rapidshare.com/files/63332959/G6_M3DS-R_E02.zip

The site is getting very slow pretty bad, so if you are having trouble get it here. Looks pretty good, good job! [​IMG]

can someone translate this??

G6/M3DS Real???? C02 v2.42a X ?/ ?/ ??? ????
    ???G6/M3DS Real????V2.42a X??????G6DS Real?M3DS Real???
    ???????
    1.????????????????microSDHC??????????
    2.?????????????????????????????????
    3.????????L+SELECT???????????
    4.?????????????1511?DS??ROM?
    ?????
    ??? ??????
    ?????????????????????
    ??? ??????
    ??“SYSTEM”??????????????microSD??????????????????
    ???????????“?????????”???????????????????????????“SYSTEM”???????????????????????G6DS Real?M3DS Real????????
    ?????
    “skin1”“skin2”??M3DS Real???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    “FONT”???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????16???“???????”?????????????????????????????
    ??microSD??????“NDS”??????CLEAN ROM?DS????microSD??????“GBA”?????????GBA??ROM?
    *“NDS”????“GBA”????????microSD?????????
    *????ROM???????????????????????????????

2. Tenement Funster

Newcomer Tenement Funster Member

United States
    Soft-reset for Zelda still does not work. Any changes that have been made are not apparent to me; does anyone know what the update is for?

3. VenomSymbiote

Newcomer VenomSymbiote Advanced Member

United States
    I took Zelda off my G6 a while ago so I can't comment on if it works, but judging by the poster above me it doesn't. However something's weird with the font colors. For my dark colored backgrounds, the font is white. I forget how I changed it to that, but they stayed the same which is good. But for my light colored backgrounds it went from Black to a weird grey color. Any able to tell me how to fix that? Wish there was an option to take out the one GBA boot thing all together, looks really cluttered on the bottom screen. >_> And I'm anal about things being centered. Which leads me to the thing about the icons description you'd see on the bottom right when choosing something. It's over to the right a good bit, kinda off centered. Granted some of these things are very minor or trival, but they're just stuff I noticed. Tho the font color being weird does bug me.

Tho I seem to be all negativity, I am glad they're working on tweaking the system. Hopefully they'll keep refining it on a regular basis now that the M3 Real's out.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. For the font colors on the skins, the skin.ini files are correct. So why it should be black but is showing up as grey... I have no idea.

4. swiitness

Member swiitness GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    If its true about Zelda still not allowing soft reset then thats a major shame. I'll still wait till the official site is updated.

5. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Doesn't look like anything too major for the G6.

6. ridgecity
    OP

Mexico
    I think they changed the font code... maybe this is why white isn't showing up on screen... maybe they are going to add new font support?? hey guys don't forget to explain the new animated icons!!

7. VenomSymbiote

Newcomer VenomSymbiote Advanced Member

United States
    Well for me, White shows up, which is weird. I have 2 dark colored sets of backgrounds and 2 light colored sets. Light gets black text, dark gets white. On the dark sets, white shows up just fine. On the light sets, the font should be black but shows up grey. Is annoying, especially because it's a very light greay so it's near impossible to see against the light backgrounds. I might just go back to 2.3 until there's a definative final version with no weird bugs.

8. Bergunzo

Member Bergunzo GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    i've tried this firmware but when i start i see only two black screens. what this means?

9. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Thanks! The site was way too slow.

10. Bergunzo

Member Bergunzo GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    f**k, it formatted my card GRRRRRR now that I was taking all ship parts in Zelda GRRRRRRRRRRR

11. KrooLa

Newcomer KrooLa Newbie

France
    Now let's try to understand.

12. ridgecity
    OP

Mexico
    thanks KrooLa!

"More fonts can be downloaded from the area of this site to download"

what are these fonts? maybe it has something to do with those changing colors...

I think they also fixed some on the skinning problems where a detailed skin would simply not load and crash the card.... I'm doing experiments right now...

13. 4saken

Australia
    From the looks of things, they might just be alternate fonts (just like choosing different fonts for your computer). I'll take a browse around GBalpha later.

14. scandal_uk

Member scandal_uk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I can't find any differences between this and the previous E01 file.

Alternate fonts aren't much use... [​IMG]

15. ridgecity
    OP

Mexico
    4saken, did you find more about those alternate fonts? I hope they aren't too encoded into the firmware so we can make our own... do they fix they grey font thing?

16. 4saken

Australia
    Nope I had a little browse on gbalpha and it doesn't seem to have any fonts uploaded (unless they are hidden [​IMG]). Plus I can't read Chinese, so I just take a guess and click whatever comes up.

17. swiitness

Member swiitness GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Official site is updated with v2.41a as opposed to the v2.42a posted in this thread.

18. bulletmark

Member bulletmark GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yes. But install that v2.41a version and it reports itself as version v2.42a. So it's just a sloppy naming error when they put it on the official site. The actual file is named system(en)1018, i.e. no resemblance to the actual version and completely different to how they have named previous versions Of course, once again, there is no readme or release notes indicating what has changed. You just gotta love the processes these guys follow.

And g6team - where's the simple fix to boot directly to nds games and to fix the initial sorting bug?! Please fix those annoying issues before stuffing around with eye candy.

19. 4saken

Australia
    You can sort of fix the sorting bug by using a 3rd party program such as FATSort. Or the G6 Team can just make it automatically sort on start up [​IMG]

20. bulletmark

Member bulletmark GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I only run linux so FATSort is not an option.

C'mon G6Team, fix these silly bugs so I can promote your otherwise good G6 Real product amongst my friends!