[Download] Collection of useful PC tools

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by d0k3, Dec 13, 2015.

1. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Time to show you a little side project of mine, all info is found directly there:

3DS TOOLS COLLECTION (download on GitHub)

What I tried to do is collect all the useful tools (minus tools for very specific stuff) in one place, in their most recent versions, and hopefully without any pesky DLL dependencies. Source codes are not on there, but all the original authors are credited and links are given for each tool.

Now, if you just want to use it, you can download the whole package from the link given above. You can also help make this more complete: What tools are you missing in this collection? Also is there something that is not working for you (maybe it asks for a DLL)? Is there something wrong in the readme file? Just let me know!

If any of the original authors don't want their tools in this collection, just write here in thread or shoot me a PM and I'll remove your tools from the package.

Last edited by d0k3, Dec 27, 2015

2. Stalls

Stalls GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2015
    United States
    Thanks a lot man. I will download this, this looks very useful.

3. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    I don't see 3DS Simple GBA converter in there :P

4. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    Like 3DS Explorer.
    Useless for me, thanks for other :)

5. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    I think Riku's 3DS Simple GBA converter goes beyound the scope of this. There are prerequisites (a patched AGB_FIRM, without it it is useless) and this also is for a very specific purpose. Sorry, but I have to draw the line somewhere for this to stay manageable. You can fork this and make your own 'extended pack', though.

Alright, 3DS Explorer will be included. Thanks for this!

6. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    By the way, if you know of newer versions of the included software, let me know, and I'll update the package.

Ericjwg and peteruk like this.
  7. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    I have 3DS Explorer 1.5.3.1 if you want

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And a mod by 3DSGuy on the 1.5.3.0

8. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    nice collection

9. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    People are always looking for armips so maybe a good idea to include that.
    also, ctr.exe (crappy tiny reader - GUI rom info)
    and maybe DSDecmp.exe, although it's more of a dev tool.

Last edited by zoogie, Dec 14, 2015
    Ericjwg likes this.
  10. dark_samus3

dark_samus3 GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2015
    United States
    This, and maybe Darm too since HANS requires it

zoogie likes this.
  11. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    If 3DS Simple GBA converter can't be included in this then why should 3DS Simple CIA converter be? :huh:
    Only difference is you are converting .gba roms to .cia as opposed to converting .3ds roms to.cia

Also granted it might require a patched AGB_FIRM, but rxTools at least the 3.0 nightlies auto-patch AGB_FIRM on the fly and you don't need to do it yourself. Not sure about other CFWs though.

12. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Forgot to watch this thread, sorry! @Datalogger & @Shadowtrance I'd be very interested in which tools you'd like to see in this collection / what tools you think are still missing.

Well, 1.5.3.0 is now included in the package, the version from Google Code (https://code.google.com/p/3dsexplorer/). Now, where is 1.5.3.1 from and what is new in it? Is it official? Also, is the mod by 3DSguy better? What do you think, which version should I include?
    Crappy Tiny Reader is great, but can you give me an official source to download it? The download there is broken. Also DSDecmp - a lot of the tools in there can be considered devtools, so it is fine. But I found two versions of DSdecmp - can you help me decide which is the more recent one (attached)? ARMIPS - what exactly does it do? I know it is needed to compile certain stuff, but I'm unsure about it's functionality. I also need a source for it (compiled release would be best). EDIT: Nevermind about ARMIPS functionality, I know it. But, I only find outdated versions and compiling it is a pain. Any chance you can provide a newer one (not older than ~6 months).

DARM - what does that do and where can I get it from?

Okay, agreed, I'll put it in.

Attached Files:

Last edited by d0k3, Dec 19, 2015
  13. dark_samus3

May 30, 2015
    United States
    you can get it here https://github.com/jbremer/darm quoting from the GH page there "A light-weight and efficient disassembler written in C for the ARMv7 instruction set."

14. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    http://scene.releases.free.fr/index.php?p=tools for CTR 1.8.4 :)
    https://github.com/jbremer/darm its a disassembler.

d0k3 likes this.
  15. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Like ARMIPS, DARM is a pain in the ass to compile. Any chance you could provide compiled recent versions of the two? Also, did you have a look at the two DSdecmp versions?

16. dark_samus3

May 30, 2015
    United States
    I'll try compiling a linux version... as you know I pretty much only use that so :P

EDIT: that was easy...
    Code:
    matt@Chell:~/3ds/darm$ make
    python darmgen.py
    gcc -std=c99 -Wall -O2 -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fPIC -s -o darm-tbl.o -c darm-tbl.c
    gcc -std=c99 -Wall -O2 -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fPIC -s -o armv7-tbl.o -c armv7-tbl.c
    gcc -std=c99 -Wall -O2 -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fPIC -s -o thumb-tbl.o -c thumb-tbl.c
    gcc -std=c99 -Wall -O2 -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fPIC -s -o thumb2-tbl.o -c thumb2-tbl.c
    gcc -std=c99 -Wall -O2 -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fPIC -s -o darm.o -c darm.c
    gcc -std=c99 -Wall -O2 -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fPIC -s -o armv7.o -c armv7.c
    gcc -std=c99 -Wall -O2 -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fPIC -s -o thumb2.o -c thumb2.c
    gcc -std=c99 -Wall -O2 -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fPIC -s -o thumb2-decoder.o -c thumb2-decoder.c
    gcc -std=c99 -Wall -O2 -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fPIC -s -o thumb.o -c thumb.c
    ar cr libdarm.a darm.o armv7.o thumb2.o thumb2-decoder.o thumb.o darm-tbl.o armv7-tbl.o thumb-tbl.o thumb2-tbl.o
    gcc -shared -std=c99 -Wall -O2 -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fPIC -s -o libdarm.so darm.o armv7.o thumb2.o thumb2-decoder.o thumb.o darm-tbl.o armv7-tbl.o thumb-tbl.o thumb2-tbl.o
    gcc -std=c99 -Wall -O2 -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fPIC -s -o tests/tests tests/tests.c libdarm.a -I. -Itests
    gcc -std=c99 -Wall -O2 -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fPIC -s -o tests/expand tests/expand.c libdarm.a -I. -Itests
    gcc -std=c99 -Wall -O2 -Wextra -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fPIC -s -o utils/elfdarm utils/elfdarm.c libdarm.a -I. -Itests
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@d0k3 what files exactly do you need from this to put in the pack? I'm thinking at least the .a, .so and the binaries in the tests directory

Last edited by dark_samus3, Dec 19, 2015
  17. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Here you go.

Attached Files:

18. dark_samus3

May 30, 2015
    United States
    alright I'm taking after @zoogie's example and just attaching the compiled source

Attached Files:

19. d0k3
    OP

d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Dec 3, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Windows Defender says there's a virus in that archive. I can't even download it :/. I know, things like these are very often triggered by harmless stuff, but this looks shady. It says it has a Trojan: Win32/Spursint.A in it. Can you check?
    Which of these files do I need? Sorry, but I have no CMAKE in my system :).

20. dark_samus3

May 30, 2015
    United States
    cmake isn't needed, I just git cloned the repository and typed make haha. I think the .so and .a are needed along with the binaries (they have no extension) in the tests and and utils directories, though I'm not 100% sure... I also compiled them with the -m32 flag so they work on 64 bit and 32 bit systems :)