download a backup firmware, cyclo domain about to go down

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by jlc0312, Jul 7, 2012.

1. jlc0312
    OP

jlc0312 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2012
    United States
    The domain for the team cyclo site is about to run out. Since the team is gone, we can't expect the site(firmware files) to stay up. It would be wise to download a backup copy of firmware because replacing the firmware is a common fix for many problems.

UPDATE: http://cyclods.wikidot.com/download:firmware this site has backups of many versions of firmware but it still wise to keep a copy just in case.

2. leiger

leiger GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2009
    I can guarantee that it will continue to host copies of the firmware at least for a few years from now. I have every intention of leaving the site there for those that need it.

The website should have a copy of every single release of the CycloDS firmware. If I'm missing one and you know where to find it, please let me know and I'll rectify the issue :)

But of course, offline copies (even if it's just the most recent few firmware releases) would also be a good idea, as you suggested.

3. AceWarhead

AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

Apr 9, 2011
    United States
    We should upload them to Filetrip.

4. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    it would take the better part of 20 minutes to make sure the cyclods files at filetrip were up-to-date. instead of suggesting, why not just do it?

-another world

5. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The