Hacking Downhill Jam & M3 DS Simply

Haruspex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I did a search in the forums and i found no straight answer. Some say that works flawlessy without slowdowns, some other say that has slowdowns.

I am thinking of buying a Kingston 1GB Made in Japan. Will that specific game or any other game will have slowdowns or any other problems like glitches/freezes/incompatibitilies?

Also don't forget that in order to trully test if downhill jam has slowdowns or not you must see how the game performs when are 4 players on the screen at the same time

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
THDJ does slow down with a 1GB Japanese Kingston card (at least it did several kernel versions ago, I haven't checked lately because that game blows).

I have yet to see anyone that says it doesn't slow down provide any info about their setup that would indicate the reason why it doesn't slow down. My guess is that it does slow down, but they didn't pay enough attention to notice.

The R4 & M3 Simply do not have perfect game compatibility. A few games have slowdowns (I can't remember what other games slow down, but there were a couple), and sometimes new games don't work until a new kernel is released. This is the price you pay for simplicity. The carts that have better compatibility require you to keep a save list updated, or manually set the save type for new games that aren't on the save list.

AFAIK, the only problem a fast microSD card will fix is the crashing in Castlevania PoR.

fischju_original

I used to be a jerk before i got banned
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.dpgdownloads.com
XP
Country
United States
The whole game is slow, and you wouldn't notice without a stopwatch. To my knowledge, only with real cart does 60 seconds = 60 seconds in game, with flash carts its (I think) about 60 = 47

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The slowdown is not that subtle. If 47 seconds of game time = 60 seconds of real time, and the game only slows down in a few places, that means it's actually slowing down quite a bit.

AFAIK, it does not slow down with any flashcart except the R4/M3 Simply. I can say from personal experience that it didn't with the G6 Lite.

Haruspex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I see, what about the G6 DS Real? If i don't care about the internal memory (actually i personally prefer internal memory vs external especially now because 1 GB is enough for me) is it a good deal? And anyone test it if it can play downhill jam like the real game cart?

Don't misunderstand me here, i don't really care about that game all i want is to see the capabilities of the flash carts.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I see, what about the G6 DS Real? If i don't care about the internal memory (actually i personally prefer internal memory vs external especially now because 1 GB is enough for me) is it a good deal? And anyone test it if it can play downhill jam like the real game cart?

Don't misunderstand me here, i don't really care about that game all i want is to see the capabilities of the flash carts.

if you dont care about download play you should get a n-card. Cheapest thing out and it has the best rom compatibility.

six-five-two

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game sucks and you shouldn't have got it in the first place. American Sk8land owns! I like dirt! (from the soundtrack, by the way)

rob_da_bank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
from my limited exp have played both downhill and sk8land...haven't noticed any major flaws or noticeable slowdowns in either one with my M3Simply - sk8land kicks arse dont bother wit THDJ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse