Gaming Downgrading with Lumines and 3.5

Bigmac8484

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked all over the internet at all the guides and i can't figure out what to do with the folders when copying! Please someone help me and give me an exact step by step of all the folder names and what to do or you can even help me on aim if your available! Thanks

D

Deleted User

Bigmac8484 said:
I looked all over the internet at all the guides and i can't figure out what to do with the folders when copying! Please someone help me and give me an exact step by step of all the folder names and what to do or you can even help me on aim if your available! Thanks

It's not hard, don't worry
smile.gif

I'll just make it easier by saying first remove the PSP folder from your memory stick. Then, extract the folders that are found in MS_ROOT (in the .zip you downloaded) to the root of your Memory Stick.

So you should have

ms:\PSP\GAME
ms:\PSP\HEN_350
ms:\PSP\SAVEDATA

And you're done. Just start up Lumines and as soon as 'Press Start' or whatever appears, press start.

Hope I helped
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Sorry, that's not all. You then go to System Information to check that it says 3.50 HEN.
Then you go to the game folder then there should be a downgrader program, or something like that.
smile.gif

RaiDesu

Trophies
Website
raimei.comic-era.com
XP
Country
United States
I suggest method via Pandora.

Code:
# Check that you have an EU or US version of Lumines (ULES00043 or ULUS10002).ÂÂCurrently we don't have a version for the Japanese version, but we're working on it, as soon as we get hold of a Japanese UMD. 
# Extract the contents of the 'MS_ROOT' folder from the ZIP file into the top-level of your memory stick. (HINT: If you wind up with an 'MS_ROOT' folder on the stick, you've done it wrong).
# Start the game, and as soon as it gets to the 'Press START' screen, press START.ÂÂIf you wait until the demo has started, the exploit may not work.
# The screen should go blank, and the exploit will start after a few moments.ÂÂIt doesn't do anything except look pretty at this stage - but feel free to enjoy the first homebrew on your v3.10 - v3.50 PSP

Then, you'll need to install a CFW or so.

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use the Lumines downgrader method, you will end up with offical sony firmware 1.50. After you have that you must update to custom firmware because newer games require higher firmwares to play. And yes all of your umds will still work after you upgrade to custom firmware if that is what you are asking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all