Hacking Question Downgrading Switch from 5.1.0 CFW using NAND backup to OFW?

JCookies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm giving my Switch away to my best friend, and to save her some trouble, I'm trying to get rid of the CFW (been using SX Pro). The Switch is the only console I've ever jailbroken or whatever the term is, so I'm actually not entirely sure how to go about doing this properly. I've got the rawnand.bin file (not sure what firmware it is on, I believe it is 3.0.1 or so) and a folder named atmosphere. Switch is currently on 5.1.0

I've tried Googling it, and right now I'm using a NAND restore guide I found on github. The problem is I do not see Boot0 or Boot1, I'm not sure if I just forgot to back them up on my PC along with the NAND files or what. I've had autorcm on from the get-go, maybe that's why I never got the boot files? I'm not sure.

It seems there is a way to generate the boot files, but it also seems like I would actually need to know exactly which firmware my NAND backup is.

"Use choidujournx to downgrade/upgrade to whatever firmware you're aiming for while retaining autorcm (to avoid any fuse shenanigans) . . . (Assuming you want a clean boot0/1) Toggle autorcm off"

Anyway, total fkn noob, hoping to get this Switch to legit status before passing it off to a friend, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: not sure if this is allowed, but I'll Zelle/Venmo someone $20 to help me get this knocked out as soon as possible, I don't have a lot of time left.

Edit 2: Looks like I can use shchmue/FVI to find out the firmware version of my NAND backup and use choidujournx to get the boot0/boot1 files

Last edited by JCookies,

JCookies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow this guide:
Read everything carefully and take your time before messing something up.

Thank you for the guide. I'm a bit drunk and might do this once I wake up and sober up. Is it cool if I PM you any questions I may have during the steps (totes will venmo/zelle you)?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you for the guide. I'm a bit drunk and might do this once I wake up and sober up. Is it cool if I PM you any questions I may have during the steps (totes will venmo/zelle you)?
Im not interested in that money. Also if you have questions better write them here because if I am not online, other people can help you.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If you just want to get rid of the CFW, just remove the files from SD (and format the console to clean all the games and saves). If you want to make it like new, you'd have to restore your backup (but you need boot0/1 as well) so the best thing would be choidujourn and get boot0/1 and restore your backup.
(Maybe, you might be able to downgrade via choidujourNX to whatever FW your backup is, get boot0/1 from there and then restore your backup).

Reactions: Nurmie_Nurm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte