Proud Pakistani
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Okay guys so i have just today bought a PSP with firmware 2.71. When i checekd to see if it was TA or not it was TA b/c it has IC1003 written inside the UMD Case. Now i want to downgrade it with the TA - 082 Downgrader to Version 1.50 and then i will upgrade it to v3.03 OE. What i want to know is that is there any reliable and good guide on Downgrading a TA - 082 PSP and the upgrading it to 3.03 OE.
Also is there any risk in doing this and will i brick my PSP in doing this since i don`t want to lose my PSP. I don`t have any UMD so do we need to have a UMD in the UMD case in order to play PSP Isos on PSP or to play PSP homebrew? My friend has said that we do need a UMD and i want to confirm it.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
checkout www.dark-alex.org for downgraders.

you first need to run HEND (Homebre Enabler Version D) and then run the TA-082 patch to let your motherboard accept firmware 1.50, after that you can run the downgrade to firmware 1.50.

To play games from memorystick you need an umd disc in your drive because most games dont work without an umd in the drive. For homebrew you dont need an umd.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanx for the help mate.
Is there any way to trick the PSP into thinking that there is a UMD in the Drive so we can play without UMD? I hope there is a way.

If you get the 3.03 custom firmware you can press the right trigger when you switch on the psp. You can then disable the need for a UMD disc in the drive. I do find though some games will not work unless you have a UMD in the drive but not many. You can also do the UMD thing on the older custome firmware, but you may as well stick with the latest one.

Dark_Lord Malik

Proud Pakistani
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Thanx that solves my problem. Can u tell how many games don`t work at all without UMD and if GTA - VC is one of them then it sucks b/c i wanted to play it.
By the way are the guides on the internet about downgrading the PSP reliable and if we brick our PSP then is it forever gone or can we recover it.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gta vc is one of the games that needs an umd to play.

if you want to play it with no-umd you should upgrade to 2.71SE-C after downgrading to 1.50

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you get custom firmware installed there is a wa.y to recover a bricked psp. just make sure you read the instruction very carefully and read them more than once.

Dark_Lord Malik

Proud Pakistani
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Well thanx Guys i was able to Downgrade my PSP to 1.50 and then i upgraded it to 3.03 OE C. As i have said that i have no UMD so i enabled the NO UMD MODE in the Recovery Menu of the Custom Firmware and i was able to play most of the games but GTA - VCS and GTA - LCS are not working. They just give me a Black Screen while others game work perfectly fine. So is there any way that i can play GTA - VCS without UMD?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well thanx Guys i was able to Downgrade my PSP to 1.50 and then i upgraded it to 3.03 OE C. As i have said that i have no UMD so i enabled the NO UMD MODE in the Recovery Menu of the Custom Firmware and i was able to play most of the games but GTA - VCS and GTA - LCS are not working. They just give me a Black Screen while others game work perfectly fine. So is there any way that i can play GTA - VCS without UMD?

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40036

Read that, and no you need a UMD for sure, DA's new 3.03 made the NO-UMD less compatibile but this draw back is minor compared to all the improvements he's made over the previous custom firmwares. Now go out and buy a game.

Dark_Lord Malik

Proud Pakistani
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Thanx guys i am gonna buy a UMD now. BTW what is the Difference b/w 2.71 SE-C and 3.03 SE-C. Which FW is better? Since i am a Noob to the PSP i don`t know much so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.