Homebrew Downgrading issues

sparkquake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, apologies for being a noob and all, but I've been following Plailect's guide to downgrade my New 3DS to 9.2. I got an error in the middle of installation, which the guide says should've left me with a partial downgrade, but my DS won't boot at all, instead just leaving me with black screens. Followed the guide to the letter; is it possible I've bricked or is there a way to fix this?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, apologies for being a noob and all, but I've been following Plailect's guide to downgrade my New 3DS to 9.2. I got an error in the middle of installation, which the guide says should've left me with a partial downgrade, but my DS won't boot at all, instead just leaving me with black screens. Followed the guide to the letter; is it possible I've bricked or is there a way to fix this?
Have you tried booting without the SD card inserted? Have you tried booting into recovery mode?

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't tell if you bricked or you have Menuhax installed, if you have it installed before the downgrade then boot the 3ds without the sd card, if it's still a black screen try booting into recovery mode

sparkquake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try taking out the SD card and try booting.

Have you tried booting without the SD card inserted? Have you tried booting into recovery mode?

Thanks for the quick responses (this is probably something you get a lot I'm sorry). I realized I probably should've searched before making a thread, but panic mode took over. It boots without the SD card just fine.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick responses (this is probably something you get a lot I'm sorry). I realized I probably should've searched before making a thread, but panic mode took over. It boots without the SD card just fine.
That's good. Just put your SD card back in and continue the guide, which should be redoing the downgrade.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Put the sd back inside and select a new theme while in the homemenu and it should override the menuhax you have installed
Menuhax isn't working because your 3ds is 9.2 or partially if it , to delete boot without the sd card and put it back in and select a theme to remove it
You gotta stop telling people this, it's bad, outdated advice.

Menuhax is no longer just themehax, it's also shufflehax and SDiconhax too. Simply changing the theme no longer removes it.

You now need to delete the homemenu extdata instead. From Plailect's guide:
Clear Home Menu’s extdata by navigating to the following folder on your SD card: /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/
    • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
    • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
    • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
    • CHN Region: Delete 000000A1
    • KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
    • TWN Region: Delete 000000B1

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help? Im using Basehax,I'm on my new 3DS and Im trying to install Basehax onto my AS cart,Ive selected my firmware and press A,then I get the message "Downloading payload....looks like something went wrong:("

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM