Hacking Downgrading IOS56 from v5918 to v5662 gives black screen

Imac007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, when I install ios56v5662 on my vwii I get a black screen when I load games from the disc channel.
Is there an earlier version of this ios that will run on the vwii?

Thanks

D

Deleted User

I'm almost 100% positive v5662 is a Wii IOS. You pretty much fucked up 56. You should restore IOS56 from your vWii dump ASAP.

For reference (other than IOS80 and maybe 36) there's no reason to patch or replace ANY vWii IOS as all patching is done on the fly

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Imac007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm almost 100% positive v5662 is a Wii IOS. You pretty much fucked up 56. You should restore IOS56 from your vWii dump ASAP.

For reference (other than IOS80 and maybe 36) there's no reason to patch or replace ANY vWii IOS as all patching is done on the fly

I reinstalled v5918 and it works fine....I need to downgrade it to get my RB3 dlc working.
With it I can't access the music store, without it I can't play the game.
Guess I'll just play it on my wii........for now....

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NEVER replace IOS on vWii.
even installing a wad of the same version is bad if you didn't make a proper dump of your IOS first.

I didn't know RB3 required a specific IOS version.
All games use the version they find in the requested slot. and if it's requesting a specific version, it should work with newer version (or else the game is badly coded, you can't play retail/official game on WiiU?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters