Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1531404089099.jpg
1531404089099.jpg
1531404089099.jpg
Screenshot_2018-07-12-15-02-46.png
I tried to download riivolution through smash stack today on smash brawl, it worked but then it sent me back to the vwii home menu since I need to update IOS37. But I went onto Dop-mii and saw that I didn't have IOS36 and IOS37 installed! How do I reinstall them so I can get riivolution through smash stack?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
View attachment 135436 View attachment 135436 View attachment 135436 View attachment 135437 I tried to download riivolution through smash stack today on smash brawl, it worked but then it sent me back to the vwii home menu since I need to update IOS37. But I went onto Dop-mii and saw that I didn't have IOS36 and IOS37 installed! How do I reinstall them so I can get riivolution through smash stack?
DOP-Mii is able to install them, although I use MMM (Multi-Mod Manager) since it does the same thing, but has many other useful features as well.
Also, you should install HBC rather than running homebrew through Smash Stack. Not all homebrew will work that way (mainly homebrew that needs AHBPROT to be disabled) and it's just a hassle.

Ka1b3ast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh! I've already got the homebrew channel downloaded.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Although cuz you can't get riivolution from the website anymore, I don't know any other way to get it cuz there is a particular game that is only available on riivolution

Ka1b3ast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Although if there is a way of accessing riivolution from homebrew without using the riivolution website since its down and you can't download it, that would be most helpful! If there is a link to somewhere that'll allow me to add riivolution to the homebrew channel, plz post it cuz that's all I actually need!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please STOP using dop-mii !!!
This tool is DANGEROUS and used to install WII VERSION of the IOS.

DO NOT USE THIS TOOL ON WIIU vWII !!!

please, re-read the stickied thread if you already read it.
if you didn't, you should read it once.
don't use old Wii system tools to install anything on vWii !

if riivolution is updated to work on vWii, follow the provided instruction. don't try to make it compatible by installing random element, using random version of the programs if it's not updated to work on vWii.
if an application is providing a specific version of a patcher or installer, then use the provided one ! not another version !

Last edited by Cyan,

Ka1b3ast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll stop using it then cuz I didn't realise it was dangerous! I now have riivolution on homebrew anyway, but when I try to boot it, it comes up with an error that idk how to fix!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whenever I try to launch riivolution from homebrew, I get the following message:
20180713_121036.jpg

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Please STOP using dop-mii !!!
This tool is DANGEROUS and used to install WII VERSION of the IOS.

DO NOT USE THIS TOOL ON WIIU vWII !!!

please, re-read the stickied thread if you already read it.
if you didn't, you should read it once.
don't use old Wii system tools to install anything on vWii !

if riivolution is updated to work on vWii, follow the provided instruction. don't try to make it compatible by installing random element, using random version of the programs if it's not updated to work on vWii.
if an application is providing a specific version of a patcher or installer, then use the provided one ! not another version !
Oh whoops. I didn't even realize this was in the Wii U section. Thanks for catching that.

@Ka1b3ast Please ignore everything I said then. The IOS installing features of MMM can't be used on vWii anyway.
You can't install vWii IOS with such methods, as they can't be downloaded (technically they can be downloaded, but they need to be fakesigned, which prevents your Wii U from being updated), the only way to get legit signed vWii IOS is by dumping them from a Wii U that has them. And if your Wii U didn't come with IOS36/37 probably no other Wii U does either, unless you accidentally deleted them in the past.

Riivolution should be vWii compatible, do you have the latest version?
Latest version should be available here: http://www.wiibrew.org/w/images/4/41/Riivolution-v1.06.zip
Taken from http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Riivolution (which claims vWii is supported)

Ka1b3ast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried with that link you just sent but it comes up with the same error. Although I think I may have accidently deleted IOS36/37 cuz at first it said I needed to downgrade them and now its saying that I need to update them and apparently they're not installed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol