Hacking Downgrading IOS 15 on 4.3 Virgin wii

Worked for you?

• Yes (with no freezes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes (once freezed in IOS 15 reloading)

• Yes (twice freezed in IOS 15 reloading)

• Yes (more than twice freezed in IOS reloading)

• No

• Total voters

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
Yes it works on my virign 4.3 !!! i'm not a troll
closedeyes.gif

Techrev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to sleep right now, but by tomorrow, whatever I have to do, or whatever comes out, I'll have this WII hacked. Probably using this method, so what do I care what you have going? Release it tomorrow, and I'll tell you how cool you are in a special post just for you
biggrin.gif
. Thanks everyone else who has helped a poor noob like me
biggrin.gif
. You guys are awesome
biggrin.gif

Techrev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not even a coder, and you think you're a haxor? ROFLMAO, GTFO. I thought I was wasting peoples time in this forum, get a life, learn 2 code, be somebody instead of just a wanna be troll.

Techrev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL, I've been programming and hacking for 30 years. I was cracking games on the Commodore 64 before your mom failed trying to abort you...

Posts merged

Sorry, I'm goonna stop, this is fun, but I'm going to get booted from GBATemp, and I like these guys
biggrin.gif
. Night, and thanks to the people who helped
biggrin.gif

Posts merged

I will look at SciiFii tomorrow. I'm too tired right now. It looks cool az
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Doesn't the Riivolution team also have an exploit for 4.3? If yes, i would like to know what features their modifed IOS has. As i heard it's IOS Reload resistant, so you can put any homebrew as alt .dol on sd card and make Riivolution replace the one on the disc with it. Then you can test what capabilites it has.

NutNut so you are saying there's another big hole in nintendo's security like the missing korean IOS?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
WiiPower said:
WiiCrazy said:
WiiPower said:
Crap! You just killed my last resort. I hoped that this stays a "secret" until there's really no way around it. I had this idea when i thought that TBR was dead on the 4.2 update, as i also noticed that the korean IOS aren't stubs on non korean Wiis as one could expect.

Let's hope we can get TT to use this as well, so in case they find another powerful bug, they can safe it for the next update.

PS: I never tried this myself, i think the korean IOS should work on non korean Wiis, but i don't know for sure. Could be some korean common key thing.

What a lame way to react,
"secret" ? Are you implying you or someone else told me this? Just figured it out and tested it on my own... Btw if you are thinking TT will resort to such a workaround you are not very well informed around them I guess.

You got me wrong. I didn't tell anybody about it, and i'm not angry at you. It's just that it was nice to know there's still some way to do this that's currently not used by anybody. And i didn't imply you would need help to figure this one out, it's that much obvious. It shows again about much nintendo fails in only fixing stuff when it's used.

DAMN!

I (along with a few of my friends) have also discovered it on our own and have been keeping this a secret until we made an app that needed it, kindof like WiiPower was doing.

But now, it may be fixed within days, making it completely useless.

Judging by your posts and apps I have seen here on gbatemp, I think you're a smart guy WiiCrazy. I do not understand why you would release the details of a useful, but vulnerable exploit, to the world.

I thought you would have made an app that utilized it, but without telling the user how it works and without printing anything on screen.

I mean, that's what Team Twiizers does when they find an exploit. They make an app that uses it without telling anyone how ther exploit works (until after it gets fixed, THEN they tell people).
QUOTE(Supercool330 @ Jun 30 2010, 09:39 AM) This is going to stubbed like immediately, they don't even need to push a new SM, just a stubbed IOS41.
EXACTLY.

This is so easy to fix, that's why I was hoping it wouls stay a secret.
QUOTE(caitsith2 @ Jun 30 2010, 11:42 AM)
Well, there is no seperate server for KOR. All regions query the same update server, and all regions download the listed updates, if current version installed is absent or less than version listed in query. All regions use the same download server to download the content. The only thing that determines what the update server returns on the Query, is the 3 char region code the wii sends to it.

Nintendo can indeed have both latest version and stubs on the nus content storage server, with something like IOS41v3606 for KOR wiis, and IOS41v3840 for non KOR wiis. When the wii queries the update server, what version of the IOS it would be told to download would ultimately be listed based on the region that made the query. (THe wii already does this, for system menu, which is currently v512/513/514/518 for JAP/USA/EUR/KOR respectively.)
Yes!

This is EXACTLY what I wish to not happen!

I sure hope this news does not spread, else Nintendo will find out and do exactly this to kill this exploit.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Doesn't the Riivolution team also have an exploit for 4.3? If yes, i would like to know what features their modifed IOS has. As i heard it's IOS Reload resistant, so you can put any homebrew as alt .dol on sd card and make Riivolution replace the one on the disc with it. Then you can test what capabilites it has.

Oh, that's an interesting idea. Surely it must have sig check removed at least? In which case this method could be used to install fakesigned content
smile.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
@damysteryman : Well first of all this is too easy to figure out like IOS 16 workaround... not like STM Release exploit or similar that could be put into matroska boxes... And as I said previously I don't think TT will resort to such an exploit both due to above reason and due to the need for a complete ios either packed into the installer (makes it illegal) or downloaded from nus which they never do...

Sorry again, this thing is just too easy to keep it as secret...

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
WiiCrazy said:
Sorry again, this thing is just too easy to keep it as secret...

Is it possible for you to figure out a similar way for 4.3J virgin Wii ?

Suppose your friend in China may have the same request .

Thanks for your great efforts and finding ..........

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)