Hacking Downgrading from 4.3 wii

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can downgrade via modmii (though there's very little benefit, if any at all)....run the wizard, tell Modmii you're on 4.3 and you want to be on 4.1 (don't go less than 4.1; it will recommend you stay on 4.3 FYI)....it'll then download all the necessary things to successfully get you to 4.1....

make sure you reinstall priiloader following the 4.1 install (Modmii should instruct this as well)....

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yu-Gi-Oh 100 said:
Is there any instructions on how to do this step by step.
Shouldn't you be solving the issues you have in those other threads you created first, smashdude?
rolleyes.gif

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Quote from wiibrew.org

"Only update using the official update procedure. Downgrading or installing patched updates is unsupported, dangerous, and may permanently brick your Wii."

Besides, why do you want to do this?

I

ishdeepsingh

Yu-Gi-Oh 100 said:
Is there any instructions on how to do this step by step.
you can do it with modmii, but your not gunna gain anything. ur just gunna risk your wii by trying to downgrade it, and the risk is pretty high

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can never work this out either. I have always run the latest fimwares on my Wii and never had nay issues. Why downgrade?

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't 4.3U block region free and force you to your console's native region games? I think I'm on 4.2U and I can run every region on mine.

If this has been bypassed somehow, that is cool. But I haven't heard anything. Though I was fully unaware until yesterday that you can soft mod a 4.3U.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aw man...a pointless thread on it's way to being forgotten and you gotta go give it life....just let this die!

...but to answer you Q: 4.3 does in fact do what you say....but....priiloader for 4.3 with the appropriate hacks enabled undo these NO-FUN features and can pretty much return it to all that 4.2 or 4.1 are.... (re-enable Bannerbomb, prevent HAXX/JODI deletion, Region Free Everything, etc. etc.)....

with the modern hack tools we have at our disposal, the differences between 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 are effectively negligible....

now you've heard, so welcome back out from under your rock....

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted to downgrade to 4.1, I'd first install the official 4.3. Then (after following the hack any Wii guide) I'd delete the stubbed IOS60 and replace it with the latest, non-stubbed version patched with the trucha bug, then I'd install system menu 4.1. IN THAT EXACT ORDER.

Why would I? I wouldn't. But the only reason would be if for some other strange reason, you didn't want to install priiloader at all, and you have a mod chip that takes care of region free for you (but doesn't do that on 4.2+)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
If I wanted to downgrade to 4.1, I'd first install the official 4.3. Then (after following the hack any Wii guide) I'd delete the stubbed IOS60 and replace it with the latest, non-stubbed version patched with the trucha bug, then I'd install system menu 4.1. IN THAT EXACT ORDER.

Why would I? I wouldn't. But the only reason would be if for some other strange reason, you didn't want to install priiloader at all, and you have a mod chip that takes care of region free for you (but doesn't do that on 4.2+)
The region free hack only works on retail discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...