Homebrew Downgrading 11.0/11.1 3DSs without DSiWareHax is possible

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't see why it isn't possible atm, as we can already install legit titles with a custom version of fbi.
It's not the same. The ARM9 looks if the firm is newer that the one installed, so if it's not it can't be installed. The nFirm has to be modified in order to install it, a the system should be restarted in order to aply the changes in the firmware.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the same. The ARM9 looks if the firm is newer that the one installed, so if it's not it can't be installed. The nFirm has to be modified in order to install it, a the system should be restarted in order to aply the changes in the firmware.
I knew that part, forgot for a second nfirm requires arm9 kernel.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew that part, forgot for a second nfirm requires arm9 kernel.
Well, it could still be done with this hax afaik, but not in one simple step. Maybe first a program that change the firmware, restart the 3DS, and then user can start the paysysupdater... Afaik that should be the best way.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it could still be done with this hax afaik, but not in one simple step. Maybe first a program that change the firmware, restart the 3DS, and then user can start the paysysupdater... Afaik that should be the best way.
Definitely, that's what i figured.

Reactions: Bedel
D

Deleted User

So... I may have to wait until Christmas unitl we don't need DSiware?

You may have to wait until 2020 until this downgrading process is implemented. It all depends on whether someone stands up and actually implements the process of downgrading; we could be on hold indefinitely, theoretically speaking. No one has to make the exploit.

Reactions: Justinde75

OctoNezd

*insert some funny quote here*
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You may have to wait until 2020 until this downgrading process is implemented. It all depends on whether someone stands up and actually implements the process of downgrading; we could be on hold indefinitely, theoretically speaking. No one has to make the exploit.
or 20 years

Tgaming548

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then I guess I'll be resuming my DSiDowngrade with a 2DS with a broken screen and Sudoku... yay.

Someone please release a video or something... :(

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be upgraded to include the bug, so it would be able to downgrade without DSIWare? And probably using fasthax?
Fasthax is an alternative to slowhax but on the latest version. So, fasthax will allow DSiWareHax to be installed but cannot downgrade by itself. Fasthax needs to give a backdoor to the DSiWareHax installer in order for it to work.

Last edited by Somebody Whoisbored,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yep, and we need the attention, but luckily this thread is on the first forum page right now
The amount of attention really doesn't matter. The people looking for these backdoors are well aware of the community demand for them. But one does not simply find a backdoor overnight. It takes days, weeks, even months of research to find the right door.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE