Hacking Downgrading 10.3 o3ds - safe to click 'downgrade'?

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
I searched high and low and it was only that topic where I found the update packs.

There's another update pack in the same topic that's titled "full"; perhaps that's what I want? I'll check with the safesys in a sec.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"UPDATE FILES ARE GOOD"

Hell yeah!

And now stuck on the black screen with the tiny pink bar again...

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Okay, it's been that screen 5 times in a row by now... Is formatting the system really a necessity?

So instead of launching the safesysupdater, I launched the regular one and it downgraded me to 9.2 successfully! Time to celebrate!

Thanks to everyone for helping out!

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, it's been that screen 5 times in a row by now... Is formatting the system really a necessity?

So instead of launching the safesysupdater, I launched the regular one and it downgraded me to 9.2 successfully! Time to celebrate!

Thanks to everyone for helping out!

I recommend you to check your downgrade.

https://github.com/svanheulen/downgrade_check/releases

Just download the zip, put the downgrade_check folder inside of your 3ds folder and open it by HomeBrew Launcher.

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Apparently I can't launch Homebrew anymore. L-trigger doesn't open the HB launcher any longer, and going to the same link gives me a "This browser is not supported" message.

What has gone wrong?

It's totally normal you lose your MenuHax. You've changed your system version. Go to the browser and enter this link: http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Oh right, stupid me, I need the sliderhax not the spiderhax now, don't I?

It's totally normal you lose your MenuHax. You've changed your system version. Go to the browser and enter this link: http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php

Hmm... Neither the sliderhax direct link nor the link you gave open me anything. Is there anything I'm missing that should be changed?

Last edited by Francesca,

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh right, stupid me, I need the sliderhax not the spiderhax now, don't I?

I'm not sure about the sliderhax or spiderhax. I just used the link that I gave to you and I was good. You can try these if you know what you're doing.

Hmm... Neither the sliderhax direct link nor the link you gave open me anything. Is there anything I'm missing that should be changed?

That's weird. I don't remember any extra step to open the homebrew after downgrading besides this.

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Going to the link you gave me seems to achieve the same thing, sending me to an empty page with nothing but a small slider in the top-left corner (as if showing the volume or something).

I sure hope I didn't break the browser or anything!

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Another thing; I'd downloaded the Triforce Heroes demo while still on the old firmware. I can still open it on 9.2 but it freezes at the Nintendo loading screen when I select it (animation repeats endlessly). Can I even delete the thing now that I'm at an older sysnand?

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Another thing; I'd downloaded the Triforce Heroes demo while still on the old firmware. I can still open it on 9.2 but it freezes at the Nintendo loading screen when I select it (animation repeats endlessly). Can I even delete the thing now that I'm at an older sysnand?

Triforce will not work now because it's requires firmware spoof (I guess the game requires a firmware on 9.6+, so probably the demo requires too).

Francesca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
I finally got it to work by clicking on the slider when fully zoomed out (and not in, as one would assume). The launcher appears to be working.

The downgrade check found some 'extra' files (I think) and said the check was 'complete'. Bruno, does this mean everyone has gone fine with the downgrade?

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I finally got it to work by clicking on the slider when fully zoomed out (and not in, as one would assume). The launcher appears to be working.

The downgrade check found some 'extra' files (I think) and said the check was 'complete'. Bruno, does this mean everyone has gone fine with the downgrade?

The app should check for the NATIV_FIRM and then shows something like "properly downgraded". Have you seen something like that?

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hm, no, don't think I've seen that.

This is a different version, is a new one of downgrade check, so I'm not sure what it should say. But, I believe if it finds something wrong the app would tell you. So, download this version: https://github.com/ihaveamac/downgrade-check/releases this one was that I used to check my downgrade.

Delete the anothe one, e use this. Same steps. And tell me what you get.

EDIT: Before deleting the old one downgrade check, search for
"check.log" inside the app's folder. And see what the file shows.

Last edited by Bros.Life,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.