Homebrew Downgrades in the future? (11.0)

krypton225

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I was wondering if in the somewhat near future do you think that downgrading will be possible on 11.0. This being without the 4 required dsiwares of course. I have heard about sighax making downgrading kinda obsolete but I am not sure if I would be able to use that in the first place with my current setup. Thanks everyone

Last edited by krypton225,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To downgrade on 11.0+, you need NAND access. Nothing that's been announced changes that.

To get NAND access, you need either an ARM9 exploit (none released or announced on 11.0, would make downgrading to 9.2 obsolete) or a hacked DSiWare game (due to an oversight, DSiWare has full NAND access).

Those are the only ways to get NAND access to the 3DS in software. The other option is of course a hardmod.

If you don't have one of the 4 DSiWare titles, your only options are hardmod or a system transfer that contains a modified DSiWare game.

krypton225

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be worth buying a cheap low firmware 3ds purely just for the purpose of downgrading this one?

krypton225

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any other requirements, does it mean I need a new NNID and all my stuff on my current ds would go? everything I have bought?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone. I was wondering if in the somewhat future do you think that downgrading will be possible on 11.0. This being without the 4 required dsiwares of course. I have heard about sighax making downgrading kinda obsolete but I am not sure if I would be able to use that in the first place with my current setup. Thanks everyone
Possibly another DSiWare exploit (compatible with waithax/fasthax) will be announced in the future. There have got to be more of them that haven't been discovered yet.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any other requirements, does it mean I need a new NNID and all my stuff on my current ds would go? everything I have bought?
Your current 3DS would need to be formatted, so you'd want to back up all your saves/etc using a homebrew save manager. The NNID will be fine, though, you can just sign back in to it after you are done and all your purchases would still be there waiting redownload.

krypton225

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that a NNID can only be on one system though, do I sign in on one and out on the other?

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that a NNID can only be on one system though, do I sign in on one and out on the other?

NNIDs can indeed only be used on one system, and the only way to move them is via system transfer. I was more speaking of a hypothetical where you buy a lower FW 3DS, downgrade that and install CFW on it, and then using that to DSiWare downgrade your current 3DS.

If you want to move your data to a different system, you can system transfer from your current 3DS to the new system. You'd likely want to downgrade and install CFW on that system first, if that is your goal.

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know how it is where you live, but here in Germany I can always find a cheap one on craiglist, ofc I have to ask for the firmware if it's <= 10.7 before buying. After installing CFW and use it to dsiware downgrade, you can always sell it back for even more money (because of the CFW).

Last edited by windhazard,

krypton225

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But when I do a system transfer, won't the NNID of the cfw system replace the one on my system, giving me an NNID i do not want?

krypton225

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how it is where you live, but here in Germany I can always find a cheap one on craiglist, ofc I have to ask for the firmware if it's <= 10.7 before buying. After installing CFW and use it to dsiware downgrade, you can always sell it back for even more money (because of the CFW).
Thanks, it's the uk for me

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But when I do a system transfer, won't the NNID of the cfw system replace the one on my system, giving me an NNID i do not want?

It doesn't replace. The target system will have both NNID. If you want to switch back to your original one, simply format system memory and then log back in.

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah okay,so both can have the NNID but only one can be signed in?

Exactly. So you keep your original NNID and also the one with the Dsiware game, which can be used to downgrade another system in the future. It's a win-win situation.

krypton225

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to buy one of the exploitable dsiware games that are still in eshop on that other 3ds NNID?

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well ofc you need to buy one to downgrade. If yours is an EU one, the cheapest game is 4,99 eur. Compare to finding someone to hardmod it is still way cheaper

Last edited by windhazard,

krypton225

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah fair point. I did however buy one already but on this system. This was when I thought you only needed 1 3ds

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then you don't have to buy another. Transfer that game to the 2nd 3DS, wait one week, then you are good to follow the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls