Hacking Discussion Downgrader is possible on nintendo switch? yes. educational investigation.

modgames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Greetings everyone un this opportunity i share this investigation se realize me and others members in my discord the investigation is in threat of the downgrade of the nintendo Switch console,how everything knows the downgrade is very imposible because the efuses un the tegra processor,but later that one user of my community give us some info because he realize a downgrade of versión 7.0.1 to the versión 6.2 we surprised because the user report the atmosphere still working ,that us let think how is possible ,that the efuses is already don't allow well later that we put try with other console in the versión 7.0.1 and we decided try out,the first we do is an a backup of the nand of the versión 7.0.1,un the case of the console still un the black screen and we don't get back .Once done the downgrade with using ChoidujourNX and we encounter that the cfw atmosphere working without any problem our surprised is when we try to turn it on the console with the ofw and work with out any problem when we see this let's try to check how many efuses is burning and results that's is the 9 efuses is burning it shoul be noted in the 4 consolas we try the test all still in the versión 7.0.1 and we updated normally burning efuses something we see strange,but not all consoles later of the downgrade working the ofw.The 4 consoles only 2 consoles working without the ofw,that we put to think in the conclusión that certain consoles still a bug.That bug it allows skip for complete the burning efuses and allow the downgrade completely and other half,thell still downgrade but only works with cfw this is checked the important thing is only works atmosphere we try to put other cfw like ReiNX or SXOS and don't work later of the downgrade, in the next days we still try other test and see what is the most firmware down get.We calculated to downgrade to the versión 5.0.1 without any problem ,when we think there's no problem but our investigation give us 100% porcent of security of we have to downgrade to the versión 6.0 is the most compatible and we encounter many errors,it should be noted we have a backup of the nand because of realize a downgrade that already that's in case you don't have any problem.We share this info of way informative if someone try to adventure is most very important to have a backup of your nand because you realizes a downgrade because we don't know react the console,we still the test to update the console with ChoidujourNX to the firmware 7.0.1 and the console back to the normal without any problem working 100% porcent,like ofw and cfw.
We hope this info serve them

Note: this community and myself we don't responsable if someone try this method without of all cautions you need to not provoke your console dies,this info and investigation are realize of the educative way.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Use paragraphs!
The downgrade is very possible, as long as you bypass the fuse check.
No, there is no bug which allows you to magically skip fuse check. All you guys did was that you bypassed the fuse check. Easy as pie.
So, how do you guys boot to OFW (exact steps please)?

For proper evaluation of what is happening, please fill this (you said you tried it on 4 consoles):
FW before downgrade FW after donwgrade Fuses before downgrade (if possible) Fuses after downgrade AutoRCM enabled or disabled Way of downgrading Modchips? Does boot to OFW w/o payload? Age/First 7-8 characters of S/N
1. Switch
2. Switch
3. Switch
4. Switch

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Greetings everyone

un this opportunity i share this investigation se realize me and others members in my discord the investigation is in threat of the downgrade of the nintendo Switch console,how everything knows the downgrade is very imposible because the efuses un the tegra processor,but later that one user of my community give us some info because he realize a downgrade of versión 7.0.1 to the versión 6.2

we surprised because the user report the atmosphere still working ,that us let think how is possible ,that the efuses is already don't allow well later that we put try with other console in the versión 7.0.1 and we decided try out,

the first we do is an a backup of the nand of the versión 7.0.1,un the case of the console still un the black screen and we don't get back .
Once done the downgrade with using ChoidujourNX and we encounter that the cfw atmosphere working without any problem

our surprised is when we try to turn it on the console with the ofw and work with out any problem when we see this let's try to check how many efuses is burning and results that's is the 9 efuses is burning it

shoul be noted in the 4 consolas we try the test all still in the versión 7.0.1 and we updated normally burning efuses something we see strange,but not all consoles later of the downgrade working the ofw.

The 4 consoles only 2 consoles working without the ofw,that we put to think in the conclusión that certain consoles still a bug.
That bug it allows skip for complete the burning efuses and allow the downgrade completely and other half,thell still downgrade but only works with cfw this is checked

the important thing is only works atmosphere
we try to put other cfw like ReiNX or SXOS and don't work later of the downgrade,
in the next days we still try other test and see what is the most firmware down get.
We calculated to downgrade to the versión 5.0.1 without any problem ,when we think there's no problem but our investigation give us 100% porcent of security of we have to downgrade to the versión 6.0 is the most compatible and we encounter many errors,
it should be noted we have a backup of the nand because of realize a downgrade that already that's in case you don't have any problem.

We share this info of way informative if someone try to adventure is most very important to have a backup of your nand because you realizes a downgrade because we don't know react the console,we still the test to update the console with ChoidujourNX to the firmware 7.0.1 and the console back to the normal without any problem working 100% porcent,like ofw and cfw.
We hope this info serve them

Note: this community and myself we don't responsable if someone try this method without of all cautions you need to not provoke your console dies,this info and investigation are realize of the educative way.
Paragraphs.

Add 2nd version - but in your native language.
Half of your text is a garbage.

modgames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
the procedure was very simple, we only started ChoidujourNX, we placed the ofw 6.2 and installed nothing else, after that we started cfw with atmospheres and ready, the test ofw we did it by removing the autorcm and pressed power and we waited, of the 4 switch 2 They worked normally with the ofw and the other 2 did not work they went black when trying to start the ofw.

all this procedure we did following the instructions of the user of my community, who made the process exactly as I just mentioned, even this user had no idea that could brickear the console, and the most incredible of this that the previous backup He did, because he had no idea that you can not do "downgrader", so at first we did not believe him until we did the tests ourselves and we found the surprise that worked, these questions ask a dev of nintendo switch, which explained to me that if it is possible that some switch can come with a bug that omits certain security process ..

I hope you can use something explained. regards

Last edited by modgames,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
the procedure was very simple, we only started ChoidujourNX, we placed the ofw 6.2 and installed nothing else, after that we started cfw with atmospheres and ready, the test ofw we did it by removing the autorcm and pressed power and we waited, of the 4 switch 2 They worked normally with the ofw and the other 2 did not work they went black when trying to start the ofw.

all this procedure we did following the instructions of the user of my community, who made the process exactly as I just mentioned, even this user had no idea that could brickear the console, and the most incredible of this that the previous backup He did, because he had no idea that you can not do "downgrader", so at first we did not believe him until we did the tests ourselves and we found the surprise that worked, these questions ask a dev of nintendo switch, which explained to me that if it is possible that some switch can come with a bug that omits certain security process ..

I hope you can use something explained. regards
We need more info so please fill what I wrote in the first answer (somehow, I don't care how is your answer going to look like, just give me answers to that).

modgames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
We need more info so please fill what I wrote in the first answer (somehow, I don't care how is your answer going to look like, just give me answers to that).

switch 1 ofw 7.0.0 downgrader to 6.2 fuses before downgrader 9 after 9 the autorcm first activated then deactivated via the downgrader ChoidujourNX in modchips we only use the atmosphere the boot mode was with both ofw and with payload for cfw and the serials I only have the one of 2 switch xaw10012 xaj40047.

switch2, switch3, switch4 ofw 7.0.1 downgrader 6.2 fuses before downgrader 9 after 9 the autorcm first activated then deactivated via the downgrader ChoidujourNX in modchips we only use atmosphere the boot mode was with both ofw and with payload for cfw.

try to put the image you sent me with all the data but gbatemp does not let me upload link or images because I am new. I hope the data is useful for you.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
switch 1 ofw 7.0.0 downgrader to 6.2 fuses before downgrader 9 after 9 the autorcm first activated then deactivated via the downgrader ChoidujourNX in modchips we only use the atmosphere the boot mode was with both ofw and with payload for cfw and the serials I only have the one of 2 switch xaw10012 xaj40047.

switch2, switch3, switch4 ofw 7.0.1 downgrader 6.2 fuses before downgrader 9 after 9 the autorcm first activated then deactivated via the downgrader ChoidujourNX in modchips we only use atmosphere the boot mode was with both ofw and with payload for cfw.

try to put the image you sent me with all the data but gbatemp does not let me upload link or images because I am new. I hope the data is useful for you.
1. How are you booting to OFW? Exact steps you do.
Did the first switch ever have CFW before the downgrade? Proof that autoRCM was off before downgrade?
What do you mean by "first activated then deactivated via the ChoidujourNX"?
All of the switches have 9 fuses. Proof please (I just want to make sure).

modgames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
1. How are you booting to OFW? Exact steps you do.
Did the first switch ever have CFW before the downgrade? Proof that autoRCM was off before downgrade?
What do you mean by "first activated then deactivated via the ChoidujourNX"?
All of the switches have 9 fuses. Proof please (I just want to make sure).

Ok I'll explain.
We are starting it off without "autorcm".
the 4 switches were with cfw before the downgrader and without -autorcm.
when I speak of activated first and then disabled is that, we did tests with the -autorcm activated and see how the switches worked, seeing that they were all 100% functional, we tried disabling the -autorcm and see if the operation of payloads and the tests worked They were successful and finally we reviewed the 4 switch and all have 9 fuses. Of course all these tests were done by creating a backup of the nand before doing any downgrader process. Now what we do not know is how many switches will be compatible with the downgrader and we also do not know what the ofw will do, because we know that not all of them will work.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Every switch can be downgraded.
And how are you launching the OFW? Exact steps how do you power it on to boot to OFW now (when they are on 6.X.X and have 9 fuses).

modgames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Every switch can be downgraded.
And how are you launching the OFW? Exact steps how do you power it on to boot to OFW now (when they are on 6.X.X and have 9 fuses).

good it will seem impossible, but to turn on the switch in ofw in 6.xx with the 9 fuses, just press the power and it worked (I clarify this is without -automat activated), I know that is not believed but it happened to us, of course but only worked on 2 of the 4 switches, seeing this I asked several dev questions and the answer they gave me, is that there are switches that have a factory bug that omits the fuses, but very few have that bug.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Maybe those 2 Switch owners were upgrading via Choixdujour this whole time and had autorcm enable all along?
Try downgrading one of those to a lesser FW and see if it boots to OFW.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good it will seem impossible, but to turn on the switch in ofw in 6.xx with the 9 fuses, just press the power and it worked (I clarify this is without -automat activated), I know that is not believed but it happened to us, of course but only worked on 2 of the 4 switches, seeing this I asked several dev questions and the answer they gave me, is that there are switches that have a factory bug that omits the fuses, but very few have that bug.
That's impossible. You cant boot ANY switch to 6.x with 9 fuses burnt unless you use a custom boot loader that bypasses the fuse check

mixelpixx

hardware monkey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are the EFuses blown? Im sure this has already been checked, but werent you able to remove the Chargepump / capacitor from the x360 motherboard, thus eliminating ability of console to blow fuses, but things have changed since then, so thats why i ask. Nintendo doesnt always do smart things.

Naya_Hyles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's completely true, an I can prove it, I only need a few hours to record the video

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a switch with that "Bug"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...