Downgraded to 9.2 with a mixed bag of things. Need help.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Bublah, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Bublah
    OP

Bublah Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    United States
    So I recently downgraded and I had originally started with: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-easy-complete-comprehensive-cfw-guide-for-everyone.408685/. I didn't get too far in, I only backed up my 3ds, formated my micro sd to FAT32, and formatted my 3ds back to default. After that I went to TCPixel's videos to downgrade because I am more of a visual person. After I downgraded I got my old files from before I reset my 3ds to factory. I replaced replaced the dbs files from my original Nintendo 3ds folders with the ones I used for downgrading.

My problem is that after I got those files, I lost my FBI and homebrew files removed from my home screen. Not only that, when I go to FBI on the homebrew and I try to install the cia's, I get an error saying that the installation failed. And on top of that, I can't link my account to my 3ds because I need to update. I need some help to get my 3ds to be properly hacked so I don't accidentally brick my 3ds.

2. Bublah
    OP

Bublah Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    United States
    Help? If I uninstall all CFW and HB related thing can I restart safely?

3. suhaib10

suhaib10 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Canada
    Setup Emunand and update to the latest version ON EMUNAND, then I'd recommend unlinking you sysnand and emunand. Once done login to you nnid on the emunand.

You can use decypt9 to inject fbi into the health and safety app.

You should be able too boot your 3ds normally if you remove the cfw and hbl, since they don't touch anything on you nand, unless your running pasta and maybe menuhax(not too sure about that though)

Last edited by suhaib10, Feb 9, 2016
  4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    When you format your 3DS, it will no longer recognise the contents of the Nintendo 3DS folder and will make new ones. You'll probably have to start from scratch. You can link your NNID again after you create an emuNAND and get it updated to 10.5.

5. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    9.3-10.3 downgrading 9.2 has some random incomplete downgrading (or seriously bricking) issue.
    Check that whether your 9.2 is incomplete or not with zoogie's tool, then perform the downgrade once more to fix it.

Last edited by MelonGx, Feb 9, 2016
  6. Bublah
    OP

Bublah Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    United States
    Sorry for the late reply, I just got myself some free time. I'll probably try to install EmuNAND now.
    I'll get this just in case.

7. Red9419

Red9419 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2014
    When launching FBI did you launch mini Pasta then launch FBI? Fbi will fail to install cias because of signature checks wich mini pasta patches.

8. Bublah
    OP

Bublah Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    United States
    This is what i get. Photo 2016-02-08 午後9 42 09.jpg Photo 2016-02-08 午後9 42 25.jpg

9. Red9419

Red9419 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2014
  10. mudkippi

mudkippi Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    Go to System Settings -> Data Management -> N3ds -> Software. Then i think FBI should work again