Hacking Downgraded to 4.1 from 4.2 Bricked wii but have boot2 installed and sh

Dynodevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As title says, i retardedly managed to brick my wii due to rushing on my part and not taking the time to read into it more. However from what i've read now i see a glimmer of hope,, i have bootmii as boot2 installed and showing upon bootup but i'm afraid i'm at a loss as to where to go from there. Anyone have any ideas? I know i'm a fucknut for doing it in the first place but i come here for help.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just go intro Homebrew and install a functioning system menu IOS from the WAD Manager.

If that doesn't work, it might be possible to run a .elf from the bootmii folder, not sure, haven't tested it. Cboot2 is ideal for that.

Also, if you have a nand dump, thats the best fix.

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just install ios 60 v6174 with NUSD pack to wad if you were in 4.2 ios60 v6400 is a stub cause the 4.2 system menu use ios 70 downgrade to 4.1 only give brick .... cause downgrader download the latest version of ios that is stub ...

Dynodevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got the system menu wad for 4.2, i presume i can just install that through bootmii then and i'll be able to get to the system menu again?

Edit - I don't have preloader btw which is another error i know, just bootmii as boot2, can i actually save the wii or am i fucked. I can see the wii, homebrew channel but neither load and then SD and settings

Edit 2 - Managed to get wad manager to boot through using cboot2 and other such things following a guide, the only problem is that my wiimote doesnt respond once i get there, i can power the wii with it but then it just stops at wad manager.

Dynodevil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a classic controller but that doesnt seem to work either, i'll see if i have another

Edit - I just have the one i'm afraid, doesnt seem to work in wad manager though

judremy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dynodevil said:
I have a classic controller but that doesnt seem to work either, i'll see if i have another

Edit - I just have the one i'm afraid, doesnt seem to work in wad manager though

Classic controller is basically the same as using the wii remote. The Remote cannot communicate with the system, so you have to try something else like a GAMECUBE controller like a previous poster said. If you don't have one, go buy one for about $5 from Gamestop or something. It's that or send the Wii into Nintendo and possibly pay $200 to get it fixed.

Reading is fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM