Hacking Downgraded LU64689xxxx

datahoarder

Organized.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point of this thread is declaring that my LU64689xxxx 3.4U Wii was completely vulnerable to the Twilight Princess hack.
I'm a little frustrated that everyone is saying ALL LU64 Wii's can't be modded when actually at least some can without issues.
The later revisions of course will give the black screen, and using IOS35 downgrader on one of these unmoddable revisions will basically brick you(?).

So, my question to the GBATempers is, if as long as an LU64 Wii has 3.4 - is it softmoddable?, OR is it as long as you have a revision below LU64689 you should be fine?
I use that revision only because it's the highest revision I've seen that works successfully and has been tested by me.. someone correct me if I'm wrong.
So, if my revision theory is correct, and you are below the revision posted above and have 4.0, the BaNNeRBoMB downgrades should work without brick.. yes?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Unsoftmoddable means that the regular cIOS don't work and so do the trucha bugged original IOS. Of cource if it's on 3.4, you can install the HBC with the twilight hack. But softmodding != homebrew. Softmodding is running backups, and that works only with a special cIOS that can only be installed from 3.4 with IOS16.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its still best to included all LU64+ even if its hit or miss, cause if someone takes your advice and tries to downgrade there Lu64 Wii and if its the Newer Version it could brick them

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The best test for now is to keep the Wii at 3.4, and see what happens with a cIOS installed via IOS16. If Gamma or WAD Manager works after that, it's not an unsoftmoddable Wii. For now i don't know a way to determine if a Wii is an unsoftmoddable Wii from 4.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)