Downgraded from 9.9 to 9.2 and I CANT

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by funnystory, Jan 7, 2016.

  1. funnystory
    OP

    funnystory Banned

    Banned
    1,472
    479
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    Get ANY CFW to work,can't install rop or install anything using FBI launcher it tells me I do not have permission. I am at my wits end as to what to do. I can't believe I can't even downgrade my browser because it won't give me permission. This has been way too long of a day. I am on a new 3ds xl and I got all of this working perfectly with emunand on my old 3ds.
     
  2. 3DSDSXL

    3DSDSXL Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    56
    6
    Aug 20, 2012
    Ok after 2 days of trying to downgrade it finally worked. I had a error but it shows v9.2 now and everything seems to be fine. I can go into setting play games on sky 3ds is the error at the end normal? i had to press power down to restart when it came back on. It was on 9.2 after it flashed a few cia files took about 2 mins

    New 3DS XL
    Nijahax and cubic ninja as entry point i started vgba and exit it.Then started i used (sysUpdater-0.4.2b-libkhax-SAFEMODE-priority) it started working flashing cia files and gave a error at the end.i had to hold the power button down but its on 9.2 now all working good.
     
  3. Seita

    Seita GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    589
    240
    Oct 4, 2015
    Your downgrade was not successful. Try updating to 10.3 again (before it's too late) and try the downgrade once more or wait for a more reliable version. Also make sure Tubehax DNS is not set in your N3ds and I suggest you put only sysupdater and the downgrade files in your sdcard. I downgraded successfully that way.
     
  4. CrispyYoshi

    CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Member
    1,516
    502
    Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    After seeing 3 threads on this section of GBATemp with this case I can pretty much assume downgrading on 9.9 will not downgrade the browser.

    I suggest you update to 10.3 and try again, like the previous poster suggested.
     
  5. funnystory
    OP

    funnystory Banned

    Banned
    1,472
    479
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    I already have homemenuhax installed. I can access homebrew launcher. Just FBI installer won't work and some other things.
     
  6. CrispyYoshi

    CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Member
    1,516
    502
    Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Whoops sorry, must've missed that. First make sure your NANDs are unlinked. Try initializing your /dbs/ folder. Download http://gbatemp.net/attachments/database-files-zip.25843/ and go to your Nintendo 3DS folder, then the folder inside, then the folder in that one. You should see an extdata folder. Put the /dbs/ folder from the .zip next to it. If you had more than one Nintendo 3DS folder, put it in all of them.

    Now go to Data Management in SysNAND System settings, then Software and hit Reset. Do the same in EmuNAND and you should be able to use FBI on both. Don't enter Data Management ever again after this, and only ever use FBI/DevMenu/SaveDataFiler to manage your game channels/saves
     
  7. 3DSDSXL

    3DSDSXL Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    56
    6
    Aug 20, 2012
    ok updating now and will try again.
     
  8. driverdis

    driverdis I am Justice

    Member
    2,452
    940
    Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    try running PastaCFW from the homebrew launcher, it may take several tries, then launch the homebrew version (3dsx) version of FBI by launching homemenuhax again right after selecting to boot into pasta. From there, install the CIA version of FBI using the 3dsx version of FBI. If this fails, redo the downgrade.
     
  9. funnystory
    OP

    funnystory Banned

    Banned
    1,472
    479
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    tried this like crazy. It won't boot,Im thinking I am lucky I didnt brick lol. Seems like it was an incomplete downgrade.should i hit downgrade or upgrade now that I am on 9.2?
     
  10. driverdis

    driverdis I am Justice

    Member
    2,452
    940
    Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    rumor is KTM may release tomorrow (later today) so I would update then wait for KTM.
     
  11. funnystory
    OP

    funnystory Banned

    Banned
    1,472
    479
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States

    All this has been done. I dont have an emunand.I cant get ANY cfw to launch,I am lucky not to have a brick but Id rather have a brick tbh because ive spent all night doing this

    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

    I think theres something out of the devs control. Otherwise the DG would work regardless.
     
  12. CrispyYoshi

    CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Member
    1,516
    502
    Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    I also have an N3DS. To quote the tutorial in here,

    "First go here and download the package where it says Available here [1]. Inside is the rxTools version you need. Now google for Reisyukaku Pastebin and download the ReiNAND CFW you find there. Inside will be a firmware.bin, which you rename to 0004013820000002orig.bin, then you create a subfolder \data in the rxtools folder and put the firmware file in there. It has to look like this at the end: microSD:\rxTools\data\0004013820000002orig.bin"

    After that, try launching RxTools.3dsx from HBL (or CTRBootManager if you want to set that up)

    From my own experience, I think this build has a 90% chance of successfully booting up, with a 10% chance of crashing. After that, update (not downgrade) with the original sysupdater by profi200 using the 9.5 pack for your N3DS' proper region.

    You can find the pack on the iso site.
     
  13. funnystory
    OP

    funnystory Banned

    Banned
    1,472
    479
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    Trying this out as we speak but I already had the firmware.bin lol.

    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

    RXTOOLS gets stuck on a red screen through homebrew chanel.

    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

    Even FUCKING CTR BOOT MANAGER WORKS. HAYSOOS COME ON DUDE IVE BEEN AT IT 8 fucking hours you twat.
     
  14. 3DSDSXL

    3DSDSXL Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    56
    6
    Aug 20, 2012
    Ok guys did it again upgraded to latest firmware and it worked first time flawless rebooted after 10secs itself and now on 9.2 thank you for your guidance
    .
     
    Seita likes this.
  15. funnystory
    OP

    funnystory Banned

    Banned
    1,472
    479
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    Tried every firmware my 9.2 installation is suspect.

    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

    A brick would bring me liberation honestly.
     
  16. CrispyYoshi

    CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Member
    1,516
    502
    Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Red screen, huh? Try it again. I think that was just bad RNG, because that's the same one I'm using.
     
  17. funnystory
    OP

    funnystory Banned

    Banned
    1,472
    479
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    not even cakes worked. No cfw worked and I have a 9.2/10.3cfw O3ds.I think my downgrade went wrong but I can even get a proper upgrade/downgrade from the sys app.
     
  18. CrispyYoshi

    CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Member
    1,516
    502
    Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Did you already format EmuNAND? When you put your SD card in your computer, is the name of the drive something GATEWAY or EMUNAND9 related?
     
  19. funnystory
    OP

    funnystory Banned

    Banned
    1,472
    479
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    I never even got to make an emunand. I got my system to read version 9.2 and homebrew launcher on launch.
     
  20. CrispyYoshi

    CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Member
    1,516
    502
    Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    I think you should format your EmuNAND. Back up all your important files from your SD card to your computer. Get EMUNAND9 and run it from HBL, then perform a clean install. Format sysnand through system settings with the memory card out and put your files back on the sd card.

    Then, set up menuhax through browserhax and try running rxtools again.