Hacking downgraded but freeloader still doesnt work

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i know comeing from me may seem wierd, but my gamecube freeloader still doesnt work 1.06b version, and the old gamecube import swap trick, that doesnt work either for me, anyone had the same problem after a downgrade and know how to fix it? i have downgraded about 20 times now(includeing all the beta testing versions)

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you would think that downgrading below 3.0 would allow that to work. Anyway, is your Wii modified with a drive chip? Unless there is a fix for that, the only thing I can think of is to load the GameCube Operating System (GCOS), and then load the GameCube Freeloader through that. I am not familiar with GameCube homebrew, so maybe just GCOS would be all you would need.

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
g4jek8j54 said:
Yeah, you would think that downgrading below 3.0 would allow that to work. Anyway, is your Wii modified with a drive chip? Unless there is a fix for that, the only thing I can think of is to load the GameCube Operating System (GCOS), and then load the GameCube Freeloader through that. I am not familiar with GameCube homebrew, so maybe just GCOS would be all you would need.

yea GCOS doesnt work, because of the way the pads are coded or something, hmm i wish it worked tho, i dont have a drive chip, i might get one when i go back to college, because im doing a games development corse

QUOTE(nyrol @ Jul 28 2008, 03:41 AM) If by HD you mean 480p, then great. It doesn't look any better as the gamecube supported 480p as well. You just had to buy component cables for it, just like the wii.
yea that would work but 1 i have XCM v 3 cables 2 gc HD cables are around £25 on ebay, defently not worth my cash

bushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
i know comeing from me may seem wierd, but my gamecube freeloader still doesnt work 1.06b version, and the old gamecube import swap trick, that doesnt work either for me, anyone had the same problem after a downgrade and know how to fix it? i have downgraded about 20 times now(includeing all the beta testing versions)

AFAIK, Waninkoko's Downgrader doesn't downgrade MIOS.

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the MIOS was upgraded? he told me while beta testing that his freeloader worked again, hmm this sucks, thanks for clearing that up for us, i was gona go mad

EDIT after reaing " putting the geni back into bottle?" i realise that me upgradeing to 3.3(for testing something befor the new TP hack) was stupid and has messed everything up, what are the chances of putting an older version back onto my wii? nintendo must keep the MIOS on there server right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn