Hacking Downgraded 4.0u still asking for updates with original disk

the_phantom_game

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I just downgraded a Wii with 4.0U using (4.0NoCIOSfix.rar)
These are the steps I followed

(1.) Run CMDVDX34 using HBC (this patches IOS35 to have trucha)

(2.) Install IOS35.wad using Wad Manager (any version) (if it fails, it's already installed don't worry continue)

(3.) Then Run Wad Manager (IOS35 Version) and install the CIOS7.wad

(4.) Restarted the Wii Went to Hombrew Channel and Installed cIOS "cIOS36_rev10-Installer"

(5.) Installed Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma and USB Loader (They both work fine)

Everything is working fine, games load using both USB and Backup Launcher.

I restarted the Wii and wanted to test a Original Disk to see whats happens in the Wii Menu.

When I put Guitar Hero World Tour in the Disk Channel is says Will must be updated to play this Game.

cIOS is installed Home Brew Channel is installed and USB and Backuploader all work.

My Questions is should I install updates using the Original Wii Disk and will that be safe or just delete or Modify my Hacks Or Should I update using

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tenpmetabg said:
or use StartPatch4.0.3 to enable "skip update" if you don't want to install preloader
Yes, you can also do that, but I prefer Preloader.

the_phantom_game

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks guys, so I'll install pre-loader, this will modify ES_DIVerfiy correct?, and is Preloader v0.29 is the correction version I should use right

the_phantom_game

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bdr9 said:
Install Preloader and enable the "Skip Disc Update Check" hack.

I tried to install Preloader 0.29 all using homebrew channel changed dol to boo.dol and all I get is a black screen. I also have a Drivekey Modchip in my Wii could this cause it not to load PreeLoader.

Is preloader ment to be used on Softmod Only wii or can it be used with MODchipped Wii like Drivekey.

I noticed Drive keys have a region overide and already have Update Blocker, could that be affecting Preloader from installing.

My friends wii is softmodded only so should I install preloader on he wii because he does not have any Skip Update Protection?

Thank you all, I proud to be a new member of GBAtemp and I've dont losts of reading and trying and this is my first thread..again thanks for you help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn