Hacking Downgrade to 1.0E with profi200's sysupdater failed

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you're doing is insanely stupid. Deleting cia files until it works won't do anything. There's a reason why downgrading to 1.0 hardly works. I did it late January to help out with the OTP guide before it came out and it was a waste of time.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Nyap

HTML Noob
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
What you're doing is insanely stupid. Deleting cia files until it works won't do anything. There's a reason why downgrading to 1.0 hardly works. I did it late January to help out with the OTP guide before it came out and it was a waste of time.
well I guess the 1.0E downgrade cias will make a nice addition to my collection of 3ds files
edit: also, why does downgrading to 2.1 work but not 1.0?

Last edited by Nyap,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm thinking about downgrading my O3DS to 1.0U, too. Firmware.bin is a file that generates from your sys/EmuNAND to load CFW, right?

And if it is, what cause will happen if I try to run CakesFW without patches on 1.0U somehow and it successfully goes through? Will there be 1.0 EmuNAND support after uploading that firmware.bin to the public?
firmware.bin is not generated automatically, you have to dump it yourself. Cakes uses encrypted firmware which is harder to get.

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
firmware.bin is not generated automatically, you have to dump it yourself. Cakes uses encrypted firmware which is harder to get.
Oh. I thought it was, because Luma3DS does it. :blink:

Do you dump firmware.bin by using Decrypt9, or what? I just need answers before I do the real thing in 2 hours.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh. I thought it was, because Luma3DS does it. :blink:

Do you dump firmware.bin by using Decrypt9, or what? I just need answers before I do the real thing in 2 hours.
I'm actually not sure. It may just be a dump of the FIRM partition or the installed title in CTRNAND. The only thing I know is that you'll probably need a 1.0 firmware.bin to have any hope of getting 1.0 to boot with Cakes.

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
Stop. No CFW can boot 1.0. There is no reason to have 1.0 on your console at all, let alone on your sysNAND. Deleting CIA files and attempting a downgrade just shows how little you know about the process. And if you're going to go to 1.0 on yoiur sysNAND, it likely won't boot whatever FIRM you have installed now. The only way to have it boot sysNAND is by using a 1.0 NFIRM, and doing that would remove A9LH. So just stop now, because what you are doing is completely pointless, risky, and just makes life harder.

Reactions: solress

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head