Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.miilibrary.com
XP
Country
United States
okay... but you're leaving out the other 75% of my message:

is there any way to downgrade from the latest version to 5.4.0? i have a fully modded Wii U but there are some NAND files i need to obtain from specifically USA/PAL Wii U versions pre-5.0.0, so unless there's a way i can just download the files i need directly from Nintendo's update servers somehow, i'd need to downgrade yeah

i did end up finding a solution after asking around a bit, though. particularly pertaining to getting update files from Nintendo's servers. ;p

HEYimHeroic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.miilibrary.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah because it is not possible. Nuff said.
how is it not possible if i just did it? again, i feel like you're avoiding the other 75% of my message. i mentioned there were other things i would be willing to try to achieve my goal, which i successfully did. saying "it is not possible" is only referring to my first sentence.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
how is it not possible if i just did it? again, i feel like you're avoiding the other 75% of my message. i mentioned there were other things i would be willing to try to achieve my goal, which i successfully did. saying "it is not possible" is only referring to my first sentence.

I didn't expect to see you here. I initially thought that it was only possible to get the files for the latest firmware version, but it seems like you have managed to get the files you wanted.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
It is not possible. No matter if i avoid 75% or 63,519%. The point is, a downgrade isn't possible. And there is no reason to do that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The only possible way, would be restoring a nand backup. And this requires a hardmod.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm able to confirm that you're able to download a lot of fimware versions from the NUS.
I wonder what happens if you simply install one of these. My guess is that you can't install OSv10 only but need at least the corresponding Version.bin. Anyway, have no spare Wii U to test such brick-risky stuff.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's supposedly a way to downgrade games with the version.bin, but I've never heard of anyone trying it with system apps or the software. seems extremely risky. :P

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@godreborn Yea, it clearly is risky. I guess you need to install at least 000500101000400A (OSv10) and one of 0005001010041000, 0005001010041100 or 0005001010041200 (Version.bin). Ofc. both have to match to each other.
In the worst case you need to downgrade everyting stating with 00050010.
Anyway, as told before I don't have a spare Wii U nor redNAND, so I won't test this.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_