Downgrade from 4.3 to 4.2 that easy?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sonknuck23, Jul 18, 2010.

Jul 18, 2010
  1. sonknuck23
    OP

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    Just quickly, I'm about to softmod a wii for a buddy of mine, he has 4.3. SO, I'm just looking for someone who's SURE, because I don't want to fuck up my friends shit, haha. [​IMG]

If I do the following:

1 - Use SmashStack to run Dop-Mii
    2 - Use Dop-Mii to downgrade to Sys. Menu 4.2

Will it actually work? Or is it really not that simple. I recall seeing a thread where it's much more complicated to downgrade the system menu or to patch 4.3 or whatever, and I'm just posting this 'cause I'm wondering if someone here is absolutely sure if it's really that easy or not.

Thanks in advance, and thanks a lot. [​IMG]

EDIT: I just read a similar post (not exactly the same, though.) I'm sorry for (possibly) creating a pointless thread, I can easily just copy-paste my question into the other threat, so this can be deleted.

My bad.

2. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Currently dop-mii does not run very well on 4.3. You will probably have to use a different app, such as MMM, or a wadmanager. There is a method described in the 4.3 guide linked below.

3. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    Ah, thanks. Yeah I was aware of your guide, I was just wondering if this thing was a lot easier, haha. Thanks a lot, though. [​IMG]

4. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Even if DOP-Mii works well on 4.3 (I dunno, but mauifrog means it doesn't), you'll brick.

You want to know why? Because you have a stubbed IOS70, on which the menu relies on. You would also have to downgrade that one to a non-stubbed version first. IMO, I wouldn't try to downgrade your Wii. Chances that you'll brick are higher than you'll suceed.

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    use my program from my signature, u will be able to easily mod your 4.3 wii and downgrade to 4.2

6. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Dop-Mii will not install a System Menu to a Stubbed ios. As long as you follow my guide, or xflak's guide, downgrading is not an issue.

7. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    You guys are champions haha, thanks a lot!

- One more thing. If a wii was soft-modded, but the Updated to 4.3, that means it is NOT a virgin, right?

8. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    No it is a Virgin cause 4.3 has a higher Anti-Piracy protection within the Update!! lol 4.3 is the successor of 4.2 but with 4.2 u don't have 2 worry about losing the Homebrew Channel!! lol If ur Wii was hacked on 4.2 then the update u did 2 4.3 wiped out all the hacks u previously had!! lol

9. WiiJohn

Newcomer WiiJohn Member

United Kingdom
    You are right, its a virgin if not pre softmodded.

There are two solutions for getting HBC on 4.3, one route is if it was previously modded, the other from a virgin.

10. blackacidevil

Member blackacidevil GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    All this Virgin talk and terminology is making me think the majority of people here are virgins themselves.

Speaking of virgins, is this a new guide to softmod 4.3

I also just got a buddies system last night and need to know exactly. Contact me if you know how and we'll make a video of the process for others to see.

Ill record, etc,