Hacking Downgrade from 11.4 to 11.2 - A9LH

ZAIKO97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I searched for answers trough all the Internet, but didn't find any.
I recently updated my n3DS with A9LH to 11.4, but now I want to downgrade to 11.2. I have a NAND backup, the one Plailect's guide tell you to make during the installation of A9LH, but I really don't remember which firmware my 3DS was at that moment: it could be 11.3, 11.2, or even lower, I really don't know. So, as far as I understood, I have two alternatives:
  1. 3Down
  2. Restore my NAND backup, and hope for the best. There are three possible scenarios:
  • My NAND backup is 11.3, so I think my only alternative would be 3Down
  • My NAND backup is 11.2 :toot:
  • My NAND backup is <11.2: how do I upgrade to 11.2?

What should I do? In case I have to restore my NAND backup: I read that I have to reinstall "tickets" for games and homebrews to make them show up in the main menu. How is this achieved?
Sorry for being a noob, sorry for my poor english and thanks to everyone will reply

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Might I ask why you want to downgrade?
And you should restore your previous NAND backup using hourglass9. If you restore your own backup, you shouldn't have to re-install anything. Unless you have games installed post NAND backup, those you will have to re-install.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Pyra

ZAIKO97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Might I ask why you want to downgrade?
And you should restore your previous NAND backup using hourglass9. If you restore your own backup, you shouldn't have to re-install anything. Unless you have games installed post NAND backup, those you will have to re-install.
Because 11.4 broke numerous things, among which ctr-httpwn: I'm afraid that when 11.5 will come up it will block more exploit, but 11.4 users will have to upgrade in order to use online functions
Yeah I know I'm a bit paranoid
And yeah, that's the case: I installed numerous games and homebrews after installing A9LH, and have to reinstall all of them would seriously be a pain in the ass

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Because 11.4 broke numerous things, among which ctr-httpwn: I'm afraid that when 11.5 will come up it will block more exploit, but 11.4 users will have to upgrade in order to use online functions
Yeah I know I'm a bit paranoid
And yeah, that's the case: I installed numerous games and homebrews after installing A9LH, and have to reinstall all of them would seriously be a pain in the ass
By the time 11.5 comes out, those will be fixed.

ZAIKO97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, but I would like to know anyway how to proper restore a NAND backup (you don't know when you will need it)
Is there a way to backup my tickets and restore them after restoring NAND backup, in order to not lose anything?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Okay, but I would like to know anyway how to proper restore a NAND backup (you don't know when you will need it)
Is there a way to backup my tickets and restore them after restoring NAND backup, in order to not lose anything?

You can restore nand using GodMode9/Hourglass9/Decrypt9, about the tickets im not too sure, im sure it mentions it in 3Down

ZAIKO97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can restore nand using GodMode9/Hourglass9/Decrypt9, about the tickets im not too sure, im sure it mentions it in 3Down
Yeah, it explains how to backup and restore ticket, but I'm not sure the procedure is the same between NAND restore and CTRTRANSFER

ZAIKO97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You only need to deal with tickets if you installed stuff since the backup. The stuff will exist on the SD card, but the tickets will be missing.
I know this, I'm wondering exactly this: how to restore tickets of stuff I installed since i made the backup

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

CTRTransfer wipes the tickets iirc, but you can always use TikDevil/TikShop to get them back .
Sorry, I didn't understand: I can use those software to restore tickets after ctrtransfer, nand restore or both?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this, I'm wondering exactly this: how to restore tickets of stuff I installed since i made the backup

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry, I didn't understand: I can use those software to restore tickets after ctrtransfer, nand restore or both?
You just install them using FBI.
Those will just install all the known tickets. I'm not sure if they include homebrew. You'll want to use tikSweep to delete unused tickets after using one of those.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly is this done? I cannot find a proper answer anywhere, sorry for the dumb questions
Launch FBI, click SD, navigate to the ticket, click the ticket, install, say no to something about eShop or whatever, and that should work from what I remember. IF that doesn't work say yes, but I think that just reinstalls whatever.

Reactions: ZAIKO97

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Launch FBI, click SD, navigate to the ticket, click the ticket, install, say no to something about eShop or whatever, and that should work from what I remember. IF that doesn't work say yes, but I think that just reinstalls whatever.

Say no to download from the CDN network ;)

Reactions: ZAIKO97

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs