Hacking Downgrade firmware 4.3.1 to 3.2 / wiikey one help?

Helen N

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes thank you but my wii will not recognise backup games.

so i take it i use imgburn to make an iso of the disk on my pc and then use wbfs manager to transfer them onto the hard drive?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ok i downgraded to 4.1e but the backup games still do not work.

i will have to make do then buy a dvd hard drive as i don't want to risk darkcorp.

one question though

from some reading usb loader gx (3.0) can be used in ntfs, do i need to make wbfs folder to put my games in? and do i put iso on the drive or use wbfs manager and put them on as wbfs format?

thank you once again.
Sorry, I was away for a day.

Anyway, at this point you have 2 options (3 if you include the fact that you now have a USB hard drive).

1. the reason I was so insistent that you make a backup was so you would be so that installing DarkCorp would no longer bear any risk. If nothing goes wrong during the installation there's nothing to worry about from there on out. If something does go wrong, even if the wii would no longer start after installation, all you have to do is rename that file on your SD card back to "bootmii", pop it in, and it will start up BootMii again. At that point you can just have it put back the backup you made and it will be EXACTLY like it was in the moment you made the backup. No worries. (if you like it better now that it's clean and rehacked with ModMii, you could always make another backup NOW so IF you have to restore the backup it will end up in this nice clean state again) DarkCorp would make you able to run DVD-R backup copies right from the disk channel just like a WiiKey.

2. Pretty much all Backup loader apps (Configurable USB Loader, USB Loader GX, WiiFlow, PostLoader, NeoGamma, uLoader, etc.) have the option to load a DVD-R directly, by themselves, and no need to make any more changes than you already have. There's usually a button or an option to load a game disk and (unlike doing it from the normal system menu) they don't care if it's an original retail disk or a DVD-R copy.

3. Run them from the USB Hard drive. The Backup loaders (mentioned in #2) usually have the option to copy a disk to the hard drive and, again, they don't care if it's a DVD-R disk or a retail disk. You can also use Wii Backup Manager (similar to WBFS Manager) and all you need to do is put the DVD-R backup in your computer and connect the USB hard drive to it and it can copy EITHER a disk image you have on the computer OR copy straight from the DVD-R backup you just put in.

(you can do all 3 if you want to have options.)

Helen N

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
arrrr now i understand, think you so much its been a real crash course in wii hacking lol

so it doesn't matter if it plays them or not it will still read them and transfer them to the hard disk drive

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
arrrr now i understand, think you so much its been a real crash course in wii hacking lol

so it doesn't matter if it plays them or not it will still read them and transfer them to the hard disk drive
It will still read them, yes.
- the backup loader programs can actually run and play the games as long as they can read them (they just ignore the fact that it's a DVD-R disk).
- Usually the normal way of playing Wii games refuses to play them when it sees that it's a DVD-R disk ... but DarkCorp just makes it ignore that so it makes even the normal way work.

- The WiiKey used to use a different route, it made the Wii unable to tell if it was a DVD-R disk or not (unfortunately, it looks like it's no longer doing it's job. (now it can tell the difference ... but the above methods just make it ignore that fact.)

Helen N

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brill, i'm told the hard drive is in the post so hopefully i'll be in to get it tomorrow and i'll let you know how i get on.

incidentally i've seen a usb loader with a toy story theme is there any links to themes for CFG USB Loader? or usb loader gx as the one usb loader crashed on start up.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Brill, i'm told the hard drive is in the post so hopefully i'll be in to get it tomorrow and i'll let you know how i get on.

incidentally i've seen a usb loader with a toy story theme is there any links to themes for CFG USB Loader? or usb loader gx as the one usb loader crashed on start up.
I don't use CFG but I understand there are themes (just not sure where to get them.)

GX I think actually has a theme downloader built into it so you can choose and download a theme right from your Wii.

WiiFlow has themes but you need to download and add them yourself and I don't think there's a Toy Story one.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFG usb loader will download themes by going to CFG loader, its settings, and goto update program, themes, as long as your wii is all set to go online with, that is.....

Helen N

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok brilliant USB loader now working.

It rips genuine games great but throws an error with the copied games but not to worry as i've ripped them as an iso and use wbfs manager and they work a treat.

Thank you all again

Helen H

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey