Homebrew Downgrade crashed at "getting CIA INFORMATION" brick? N3DS

sammikins_th3_kitt3n

♾️Neurodivergent🏳️‍⚧️trans🍼crinklefur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello tempers i am having an issue where my NEW 3ds xl is not turning on fully after it crashing during the getting cia information stage of the downgrade. It will turn the blue light on but not the yellow one and recovery boot isn't working either. i have tried removing the micro sd and no luck but now it has had its battery removed for like 2 days... what should i do? i will get it again tomorrow as i live in a group home and they are angry about me possibly bricking it. they told me fix it or else we will have to buy a new one and you will pay for it. Please help me out,
Thanks,
NicholasCullihall

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
He can't get to system settings if it's not booting.

Hold L+R+Up+A as you turn on the system. Hold it for 2 minutes if you have to, hopefully an update screen will show up.

Last edited by Jonna,

sammikins_th3_kitt3n

♾️Neurodivergent🏳️‍⚧️trans🍼crinklefur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
both screens boot black and like i said in OP and it never gets to home menu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i called nintendo btw and they said to hold A+L+R+Up but that didn't do anything

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
NATIVE_FIRM partitions got corrupted. You have a hard-brick unfortunately. Also, until KTM comes out, REMOVE SAFE MODE TITLES FROM YOUR DOWNGRADE PACK!!!.

Unless you are downgrading an o3DS to something older then 6.0 or a Japanese console back to 8.1 (Not sure why you'd ever want to do that though... :P ), the safe mode stuff do not need to be touched as they haven't been updated since 9.0 on n3DS and 6.0 on o3DS. It will greatly reduce the chances of a hard-brick.

Though if NATIVE_FIRM gets borked you will probably still end up with a hard-brick. At least then the odds are much lower since there is more chances of stuff going wrong if you are needlessly downgrading safe mode stuff. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: PabloMK7

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
@NicholasCullihal, In old EvE Online terms: "Never fly any ship you're not perfectly willing to lose."

In other words, "Never do anything funky to any object that ISN'T YOURS."

You're gonna have to buy the new one. Sorry.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
So is it safe to send it into nintendo (without microsd of course) or should i just get a new one

Nintendo wouldn't be able to do anything. A hard brick is impossible to recover from (unless you have a Hardmod, AND a NAND backup.) The most that they would do is Dispose of it properly, and charge you RRP for a new device.

Time to go shopping.

Might I suggest eBay or Gamestop?

Rattor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NATIVE_FIRM partitions got corrupted. You have a hard-brick unfortunately. Also, until KTM comes out, REMOVE SAFE MODE TITLES FROM YOUR DOWNGRADE PACK!!!.

Unless you are downgrading an o3DS to something older then 6.0 or a Japanese console back to 8.1 (Not sure why you'd ever want to do that though... :P ), the safe mode stuff do not need to be touched as they haven't been updated since 9.0 on n3DS and 6.0 on o3DS. It will greatly reduce the chances of a hard-brick.

Though if NATIVE_FIRM gets borked you will probably still end up with a hard-brick. At least then the odds are much lower since there is more chances of stuff going wrong if you are needlessly downgrading safe mode stuff. :P

What's the title ID on the safe mode?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol