Hacking Downgrade a Sky3ds?

qwerblim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I recently purchased my Sky3ds, and my 3DS is currently on 9.4 (I don't want to upgrade to 9.8 as of yet).

My question is, how can I downgrade the Sky3ds to work with 9.4, or do I have to keep the latest update on it? I think the site I got it from has it supporting 9.7 out of the box. Will that be an issue?

Thanks in advance!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
there is no downgrade or updates on the sky3ds...
it works on all firmware versions...

however games that require a higher firmware will ask you to update no matter what...

qwerblim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK the supported firmware is the maximum. You shouldn't need to do anything with the Sky to get it to work on a FW version lower than the highest it supports.

there is no downgrade or updates on the sky3ds...
it works on all firmware versions...

however games that require a higher firmware will ask you to update no matter what...

Thank for your reply guys. I appreciate it.

Another note - How do I go about GAME updates on the Sky3ds? Do I download them as normal if they prompt or? I ask since I know the .cia of Pokemon had 4 update files, but I can never seem to see ROM update files. :/

Thanks in advance!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thank for your reply guys. I appreciate it.

Another note - How do I go about GAME updates on the Sky3ds? Do I download them as normal if they prompt or? I ask since I know the .cia of Pokemon had 4 update files, but I can never seem to see ROM update files. :/

Thanks in advance!

MY GUESS IS (someone please tell me if i am wrong)

the pokemon updates are installed on the 3ds, the supplied files are for use with gateway.. for install the updates you have to download them like you would if you had the real cart.. that means, download from the nintendo e-shop.. and for that you do have to update to last firmware...

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a note of mention, but you can't use any updates past on-cart updates, or DLC, without updating. As you're running 9.4FW, no hacks are compatible with your system. Though I believe firmlaunchhax still works on 9.4FW, memchunkhax, an exploit required for setting up firmlaunchhax, is patched with no alternative. Waiting for someone to release a replacement for memchunkhax is pointless as well, as any exploits that exist are either yet to be found, or being held on to in order to help with finding a new exploit to replace the patched firmlaunchhax, for 9.5FW on. You'd might as well update, or do a hard-backup of your NAND with a NAND mod, and then update. That way, in the unlikely event that a replacement for memchunkhax comes about, you can restore your NAND backup and enjoy hacks again.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You can download the updates as CIA files, but there's n
you don't need to downgarde the sky3ds , it can support any 3ds console ,just write the games to on sky3ds diskwriter and downlaod the latest template files .
Not like you don't need. More like you CAN'T.

You can't upgrade the flashcart and you can't downgrade it either. If they stop updating their proprietary template file to include newer games we're all screwed, since no one can generate one from scratch but them.

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn I'm in this same situation, have an new 3ds xl on 9.4 using sky 3ds. Hope is true about 9.4 being possible to exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay