Hacking Downgrade a backup nand from bricked 3ds

marcoz9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello how are you guys so a friend of mine bricked is 3ds using pasta but i managed to install rxtools 9.7 before the Brick would it be posible to downgrade The nand.bien so he can still use rxtools when i install him the hardmod? Thanks

marcoz9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah i made abackup of his sysnand with the gateway launcher before the Brick muy question is can i downgrade the backup with nus installer or something?

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the SYSNAND version? If it's <9.2 just flash the backup and downgrade using gateway. You wouldn't want to lose the only backup you have.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Thesolcity said. You can get the necessary file from Gateway's website, which you then run using the downgrade option in the Gateway menu.

marcoz9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well im getting nand.bin from the emunand partition and he didnt made a backup is emunand is 9.7 i made a backup with the emunandtool

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
So. NO sysnand backup. Sorry. Nothing to do but wait for a new exploit...

Every tutorial tells you to make a backup. How can people miss that important step? As soon as Gateway boots, make a backup!

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So. NO sysnand backup. Sorry. Nothing to do but wait for a new exploit...

Every tutorial tells you to make a backup. How can people miss that important step? As soon as Gateway boots, make a backup!
People really need to take into consideration the possibility of a brick; it should a person's first thought as soon as they begin messing around with the system. Making a NAND backup is crucial and should always be done first. If anything goes wrong, flash the backup, and everything's good.

Reactions: Orkna and Zidapi

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since its bricked you can go ahead and try the hardmod. I've never heard of someone making a nand.bin backup of a emunand with a higher firmware than 9.2. Must be blowing smoke if you think you can load someone elses bin onto a different 3ds. GL since its a bricked system.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well if its bricked you could try to run recovery mode

The recovery mode (also known as Safe Mode Boot) can be accessed when turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad). This menu is made to update your Nintendo 3DS through internet, if an update previously failed.

and if all else fails you can *try* flashing the emunand backup to sysnand, lets face it, it cant make anything worse

Reactions: Zidapi

marcoz9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeah the 9.7 backup is all i can manage to save from his memory its not mine as i say and you think there would be a way to downgrade the 9.7 backup so he can still use him for the exploit?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah the 9.7 backup is all i can manage to save from his memory its not mine as i say and you think there would be a way to downgrade the 9.7 backup so he can still use him for the exploit?
no, he is f00ked on that front unless he also has the xorpads for his 3DS, but i guess he probably won't if he didnt even make a nand backup, honestly he will be lucky if he even gets his system back up and running

Reactions: Ronhero

marcoz9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nope nothing like that XD i was thinking on downgrade with the nus updater and fbi but i do think he is f00ked

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nope nothing like that XD i was thinking on downgrade with the nus updater and fbi but i do think he is f00ked
once your past 9.2 there is no way to run any cia installers etc so there is no way to downgrade, and just being honest im doubtful the 9.7 emunand will even be restorable to sysnand, most/all CFW's update emunand differently than sysnand (which is why people trying to update sysnand in cfw mode via cia files brick as you can only update properly if you update via sysupdater, if emunand was updated via normal means it will probably not even boot up

marcoz9999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok that was my thought to but i was thinking on maybe put his emunand into one of my 3ds as an emunand and dowgrade and make another emunand.bin from there but i thing thats a long shot anyway thanks a lot

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok that was my thought to but i was thinking on maybe put his emunand into one of my 3ds as an emunand and dowgrade and make another emunand.bin from there but i thing thats a long shot anyway thanks a lot
you cant use someone elses nand on your system, emunand/sysnand use console unique encryption, so it will only work on his 3DS

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Leo, please seek professional mental health help. its not a knock on you. I suffer from mental...