Hacking Down graded to 3.2 after running the zelda hack

lfolku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to get the backup launcher to work for over a week now. I think I'll really close but aren't sure if I need to redo the zelda hack since I've downgraded. When I was on 3.3 I had setup the homebrew channel using the hack for that version. Do I need to load the hack for 3.2? I also burned all my backup game using the patch. I've followed all the steps in Backup Launcher 0.3 GAMMA WITH 002 FIX - How to install guide. When I insert my backup game (patched) the screen is blank once I select the backup laucher. I'm not getting the green option screen. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

D

Deleted User

Well, if you still had HBC, you do not need TH anymore.

But if you removed HBC, kindly install HBC again using the corresponding Twilight Hack save

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, he definetly has the HBC as he says he's running the backup launcher (maybe channel suppose)

Anyway - I think you need to reinstall the CIOS and then it should work again. Try that first. You will only need to rerun the twilight hack if your wii no longer has the Homebrew Channel.

If you do, pop zelda in the box. Now that yuo are on 3.2 tho install starfall as well. Look on Wiibrew for it as I don't have a link handy
tongue.gif

lfolku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reinstalled the CIOS and still got a blank screen when I selected the backup launcher. It did flash green for a second then when completely black. I have to reboot my wii system in order to continue (I really hate to do - not sure if this hurts the system) I've been working on this for a week now and am about to give up, but would hate to because I know I'm so close. Before I downgraded when I selected the backup launcher I use to get a green option menu with 3 or 5 options, is this not the case for 3.2 (downgrade). Any other ideas??!!

Thanks

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Firstly , it doesnt hurt the system to force reboot.

1. have you a channel installed or are u using the HBC to load it ?
2. have you got a gamecube controller or memory card plugged into your wii
3. where did you get the files from
4. what game are you trying to boot
5. Have you tried loading by pressing the 1 button and what happens when you do that.
6. have you installed any other applications ?

lfolku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I'm selecting the Home Brew channel for access to the backup launcher.
2. I only have my SD card.
3. I got the files from this website zipped file (002fixGammaLoader1) along with the How to install guide. I followed the instuctions careful and received no errors.
4. I'm trying to boot wario land shake it and Mario Party 8.
5. I'm not sure what you mean by "Have you tried loading by pressing the 1 button and what happens when you do that.
".
6. I've installed all the applications that came in the zipped file (002fixGammaLoader1).

Do you think I should redo the install all over again?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm - the files in my zip are 002fixGammaLoader.zip but theres no 1 in it - not sure where you got that from.

Have you installed any backup loader channels ? the zip would have instructed you to install that , unless its a very old copy of the zip, but all the gamma ones have channels with them.

pressing 1 while loading the gamma channel shows the config menu - im wondering if its reading the discs at all.

I think it might be worth starting again from stage 2 and see if that works for you - redownload the zip to be sure its the latest and al the files are there.

Also , are you using DVD-R discs and are they 1:1 images (not decrypted?)

lfolku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll go ahead and download the zipped file again and start from stage two. I did burn the games on a Sony DVD-R at 4x speed. How do I know if they're 1:1 images? Thanks for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs