Hacking Doubt i have with GW´s DS cart. (and dsTwo)

juins

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Supercard DsTwo and both carts of gateway, although, i bought it along a 3DSLink so my doubt is actually with GWs DS profile exploit and dstwo. (and gw clones)

Anyways.

It pisses me off i have to have 3 flashcards all the time with me when i travel. i was trying to figure out a way to use supercard to install the ds exploit everytime after i played with my supercardtwo. But in this case, my younger brother kept the GW cart for compatibility, and i got stuck with a clone. So, let me get this straight.

- Gateway installs DS profile exploit by loading a generic wood menu, just so u can access their GW_INSTALLER.nds rom so u can run it and finally install the exploit.

- 3DSlink (and clones) on the other hand have a "modded" wood menu where u just press a button and a menu comes up and u can install the hack on the spot without any .nds file.

Sooo.. since im dealing with supercard and 3dslink, my first try was to use a wood loader plugin to try and load the "modded" wood menu from 3dsLink, i found here http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/f...4-wood-loader-plugin-for-dstwo-10-f12583.html .... but it hanged on black screen.

So, i took the different route, and just copied GW_INSTALLER.nds to my supercard and tried running it normally through it. it DID work , but...

is this safe? Can i finally stash the clone DS card (or GW DS card) and just use supercard + 3DS flashcard with the method said above?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I have a Supercard DsTwo and both carts of gateway, although, i bought it along a 3DSLink so my doubt is actually with GWs DS profile exploit and dstwo. (and gw clones)

Anyways.

It pisses me off i have to have 3 flashcards all the time with me when i travel. i was trying to figure out a way to use supercard to install the ds exploit everytime after i played with my supercardtwo. But in this case, my younger brother kept the GW cart for compatibility, and i got stuck with a clone. So, let me get this straight.

- Gateway installs DS profile exploit by loading a generic wood menu, just so u can access their GW_INSTALLER so u can run it and finally install the exploit.

- 3DSlink (and clones) on the other hand have a "modded" wood menu where u just press a button and a menu comes up and u can install the hack on the spot without any .nds file.

Sooo.. since im dealing with supercard and 3dslink, my first try was to use a wood loader plugin to try and load the "modded" wood menu from 3dsLink, i found here http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/f...4-wood-loader-plugin-for-dstwo-10-f12583.html .... but it hanged on black screen.

So, i took the different route, and just copied GW_INSTALLER.nds to my supercard and tried running it normally through it. it DID work , but...

is this safe? Can i finally stash the clone DS card (or GW DS card) and just use supercard + 3DS flashcard with the method said above?

If it works then it's OK.

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Anyways.

- Gateway installs DS profile exploit by loading a generic wood menu, just so u can access their GW_INSTALLER.nds rom so u can run it and finally install the exploit.

You can install the exploit with your DStwo, brother has been long term with no ill affects, so keep it goin that way. Far as I know the gateway installer is just an R4 clone.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a gateway but used dstwo to run the exploit so i can stay on 4.5 and still run Zelda. It works, no doubt.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Any ds mode cart is fine to run the initial usermode exploit, aslong as its compatibile with your firmware, can probably even get old 4.x ds mode carts for a few dollars

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)