BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed a TON of newer users spamming up the place with double posts, almost every time it is used to do multiple quotes. I could be wrong but i remember this is against the rules or at very least frowned upon. We used to have a []posts merged[/] code around but I doesn't seem to have made it to the new forum.

Normally I wouldnt see this as a huge deal, but its happening all over the place. And most of the users that do this have low post counts and that default avatar (boy or girl) making it difficult to determine who is posting.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention we've been getting a ton of one word posts/ pics only posts, which also used to be frowned upon. I report alot of em, so its nothing on the mods, I know they have a ton on their plate anyway, I do believe the rule needs to be more heavily enforced so people will stop doing it.
Hate to point the finger, but Yepi like quintuple posts all the time, and its staring to become irritating.

ct_bolt

Creator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree completely with both of you (chavosaud & BortzANATOR). I have seen quite a few of them lately. It is kind of bothersome.
Should I start reporting the ones I see (unless it seems the user was having internet problems)?:unsure:

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well we do still enforce the no multiple posting, don't post one word posts/memes etc rules so Im not sure what else you want from us. Hell I issued a warn to an 08 member yesterday for posting four times in a row in one thread when he should know better. So um yeah, report it when you see it and we will deal with it.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I apologize for my small bit of double posting, my internet connection was acting weird, so it refused to post, then the post showed up FOUR times

By the way if that happens to any of you by accident just report your own post too and tell us and we will clean up the mess for you. ;)

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know, a lot of forums do something automatic called post merging. Rather then quote stacking or having to manually edit your post if you find a post you want to reply to, the system automatically edits your last post in the topic, and sites that do it see easily double the traffic flow of GBAtemp on any given day. It also doesn't force the mods or the posters to constantly keep editing the same post over and over again because you happened to find a post you wanted to reply to after making a post. Also, there nothing I hate more then trying to multiquote or having to copy paste multiple quotes between pages just to reply to them all back to back in one post. Seems like something that the admins could put into the system and would convenience most posters. I don't see why the system doesn't automatically merge posts.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You know, a lot of forums do something automatic called post merging. Rather then quote stacking or having to manually edit your post if you find a post you want to reply to, the system automatically edits your last post in the topic, and sites that do it see easily double the traffic flow of GBAtemp on any given day. It also doesn't force the mods or the posters to constantly keep editing the same post over and over again because you happened to find a post you wanted to reply to after making a post. Also, there nothing I hate more then trying to multiquote or having to copy paste multiple quotes between pages just to reply to them all back to back in one post. Seems like something that the admins could put into the system and would convenience most posters. I don't see why the system doesn't automatically merge posts.
the new forum is too NEW, it doesnt has this feature yet.

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe that the old forum had automatic post merging. It didn't work all the time but it did sometimes.

Also, if I see someone multipost or double post multiple times on the same page I just report it and the mods deal with it. I would just keep doing that until they decide to put post merging back (if they decide to do so).

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, it's not too new, the forum software has been around for almost 3 years now and GBAtemp has been using it for at least 6 months now. Whoever designs the forum layout and does the coding should be able to do something like automatic post merging, if it can be done in BBCode on a site that has on average 30,000-40,000 active members at any given point in a day and has over 300,000 registered members, it should be possible here with a far smaller average user base.

I believe that the old forum had automatic post merging. It didn't work all the time but it did sometimes.

Also, if I see someone multipost or double post multiple times on the same page I just report it and the mods deal with it. I would just keep doing that until they decide to put post merging back (if they decide to do so).
It probably didn't work all the time because it wasn't coded correctly. I am not an HTML or BBCode expert, but it should be doable to have the feature working 100% of the time, rather then bothering the mods to merge posts.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... to point the finger, but Yepi like quintuple posts all the time, and its staring to become irritating.
Well i mean i CERTAINLY didnt make this thread specifically about him or anything. Its not the he went out of his way to put something in his sig about ignoring his double posts like its ok to do.
Anyways, to anyone who might have poor internet i understand. Ive posted rants like that before like 3 times cause my internet dropped pretty badly.
Its those that blaitenly abuse the system for more posts or are way too lazy to put everything into one post... Which ironically is more work... huh.

By the way if that happens to any of you by accident just report your own post too and tell us and we will clean up the mess for you. ;)

Now THAT is a trap, if ive ever seen one :P

Dude lol all over it. Our old forum used to have it, but it just didnt make the jump to Xenofro. Also i mention that in the OP.

Reactions: Latiken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi