1. Eternal587

OP Eternal587 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    so recently I've been wanting to get into speedrunning and I decided I wanted to do it on Wii u, however, I don't have a capture card so I needed a different way but I couldn't find anything that would work can someone help me

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    the only streaming tool I know of is ntrview, but that's the 3ds to the wii u rather than the wii u to something else.

Moon164 likes this.
  3. laramie

laramie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    use the hdmi output with a capture card is the best way imo.

4. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    There is a plugin for the Wii U plugin system to stream one of the screens to the PC, it might only be the gamepad screen as i recall. But I'm telling you straight up, the quality is terrible. Like the framerate is solid as I recall, but the resolution is terrible.

I suppose it is an OK solution to use hand in hand with a capture card so you can capture both screens, have the lesser quality Gamepad screen much smaller in your stream with the main screen taking up the most of the screen (like when people stream DS or 3DS) and that would be probably the most effective way to capture both screens for streaming.

Last edited by MikaDubbz, Apr 23, 2021
  5. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - streaming, anybody, working