DOSBox Wii - good times! :)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by m|kk|, Apr 11, 2010.

Apr 11, 2010

DOSBox Wii - good times! :) by m|kk| at 7:15 PM (2,071 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. m|kk|
    OP

Member m|kk| GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Spikey set up DOSBox Wii on our Wii last night and I got to play an old Dynamix/Sierra game that I used to love - The Adventures of Willy Beamish (which is now abandonware). It works surprisingly well on the Wii. There are a few sound glitches, but the colors are actually more accurate than they are on DosBox on the computer when full-screened.

It's funny that I have a backlog of new games that I haven't gotten to play or finish yet, but I'm having a great time going back to play older titles that I completed long ago [​IMG].

Anyway, thanks Spikey!! [​IMG]

2. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    We all love Spikey [​IMG]

3. panmusic

Member panmusic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    Well,I try to run DOSBox Wii for months with no luck.I have absolutaly no idea how to mount the SD card and close to zero experience with DOS.
    I would be trully thankfull if you help me out.What is the best possible way to structure the SD card?And what am I supposed to type in order to run some games?

Thanks in advance...

4. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    Well, DOSBox's folder seems to be mounted as C by default. So I just stuck the games in its folder and booted them from there. Maybe give that a shot?

5. panmusic

Greece
    Thanks for your reply.
    Can you tell me please exactly what I need to type?
    (I have absolutaly no knowledge of DOS)

6. panmusic

Greece
    OK!I managed to run some games including Willy Beamish and Dragon's Lair.They run fine but this emu seriously needs pre-button mapping for default.It makes the games unplayable every time you need to press ENTER to pause the game and use the Virtual Keyboard.Also has anyone managed to play Dragon's Lair?I can't even start the game as I don't know what command to type.And even more worse,I can't find where the arrow buttons are mapped.Difficult times...