Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Am wondering if anyone here uses DosBox to play old multiplayer games over LAN, stuff like GTA1/2, Duke 3D etc. anyway i was following a guide out HERE! but cant figure it out for the life of me, anyone care to dumb it down abit for me?

Would be ever so kind as there are intresting stuff to be played & quite fun i'd have to say, please gods of GbaTemp, help a young jedi
smile.gif

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gta2 is a windows game, not dos
and if you wanna play duke3d, i recommend using one of the far superior duke3d engines (i had a great one, but unfortunately, i forgot the name)

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
GTA1/GTA2/Duke3D
Ain't DOS

Can i laugh at this post? i think i will
rofl2.gif
laugh.gif
Only Gta2 is'nt DOS (i saw after i wrote it here) (Sure there is a GTA1 for windows & source ports for Duke3D but Duke3D has always been a dos game till the source release)

Ok Duke3D i can use eduke32 with dukeoconnecter or something but right now would love a game of GTA1 both using DosBox so it should'nt be to hard since they got null modem, ipx connection emulation built it, only problem is i can get the other to see the game.

Anyone know ANY game they play LAN in DosBox? i could try with them some game?

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GTA1/GTA2/Duke3D
Ain't DOS

Can i laugh at this post? i think i will
rofl2.gif
laugh.gif
Only Gta2 is'nt DOS (i saw after i wrote it here) (Sure there is a GTA1 for windows & source ports for Duke3D but Duke3D has always been a dos game till the source release)

Ok Duke3D i can use eduke32 with dukeoconnecter or something but right now would love a game of GTA1 both using DosBox so it should'nt be to hard since they got null modem, ipx connection emulation built it, only problem is i can get the other to see the game.

Anyone know ANY game they play LAN in DosBox? i could try with them some game?

Oh, ok then
But i never used DOS before
But i played GTA1/GTA2/Duke3D.. on windows
So i thought they where windows games

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Thats cool, but you do know Windows was built ontop of Dos right? XP has even got low level emulation for Dos, i think only win2k dont have Dos what so even but i dont know facts on that, as i never used 2k.

Now, some one Please help me with this, only reason i say try think of "dosbox" game is cause 1 computer runs XP & the other OSX, besides most games wouldnt even run in XP without dosbox anyway & there is emulation in dosbox for this kinda stuff already & people out there played/playing multiplay with there fav. games.

There is other things to play other then Wii/DS (there is? :wtf:) lol
biggrin.gif

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
i dont think anyone is reading what i said, 1 computer is on XP the other is on OSX, so dosbox games is a must (yes quake are dos games but still cant see each other? whats with that?) The two computers can share files with each other (well my mac see my windows files not sure the other way around as my XP dont need any thing from my mac)

This is really strange, to me anyway. :/

I really want to do this.....

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First a few of these games got source released (usually game code: open graphics and co.: need original disc) and TCP stuff (as opposed to IPX or my personal favourite of serial cable) added on in various projects (MAD_BOY hinted at this). Sourceforge has a lot of the projects and will give you an idea.

I could have sworn rockstar had GTA 1 (not sure about london but I hated london) and 2 on their site updated for 2k and beyond but I do not think I tried network with it.

Back on topic the guide is a bit old (2004 by the looks of things) and dosbox has come on leaps and bounds since but it is half guide and half tech description (my preferred sort)
What it is telling you is to add the following to dosbox.conf (open it in notepad):
Code:
[modem]
modem=true
comport=2
listenport=23

Then it describes some stuff:
comport: can be set to 1 or 2, 1 is perhaps more compatible but 2 should work for all but the most troublesome of software.
listenport: ports are to help with sending data (80 is standard http, 119 is normally usenet and so forth). The manual that comes with the game is the best place for this (if memory serves the manuals/readme (you may have a program called readme.com) normally contain several pages on it).
The rest of the guide is tailored towards setting up a dummy (possibly the wrong word) IPX network.

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Ok, i have gotten progress on this
smile.gif

Read heaps on it & am almost there, the part i fail at is typing Ipxnet connect 192.x.x.x on the client machine to get the tunneling working, please help
smile.gif

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Ah, i got it now *dances* WoooooHoooo

I would say thanks but dont seem like any one helped per say.

For some reason the pc couldnt connect to the mac but i did it in reverse & it worked strange but i aint complaining.
smile.gif

NEXT....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so bored
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Same
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent
    +1
    What Network is it on? I wanna see what you guys are talking about. N What time frame is it on? :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's Amazon prime
    Cool. I got Prime
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    prime deez nuts
    okies :D put 'em here :O
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The mutated Axolotl was awesome
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bet you don't pirate game either
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They really wanna get the head
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Be really careful out there. There are people who use trans people to their advantage, and its really sad in general. :(
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.