Country
United States
I'll give this a go when ill be home.
Looks exciting

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey guys how do i dump keys.dat
Did you read the first post?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If this supports network install like dz I'll be all over this. Please implement http / ftp remote server support like dz bruh

Reactions: 0000ff

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is really great, anyway this could one day be merged with NX-Shell? it would be the ultimate all-in-one :P

Reactions: peteruk

HiD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is really great, anyway this could one day be merged with NX-Shell? it would be the ultimate all-in-one :P
Nothing is impossible :)
Next things I'd like to look into are:
  • multi file selection to batch installs (easy).
  • install directly from XCI files without the need for temp NCAs (have to sort out a few things, especially one missing sig patch in Hekate)
  • sounds like USB is coming to libnx, so whatever I can do to benefit from it
If people find it useful:
  • generate keys.dat directly in dOPUS
  • dump game cards
  • network install
It's a long term roadmap ... :D

Last edited by HiD,

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried it out and works great, install and delete was an option I missed a lot from the 3DS.

Glad it has a more compact UI as the switch isn't a 5" phone therefore doesn't need to have everything to be inflated to be properly viewable.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
How are XCIs installed anyway? They are extracted and the NCA are installed or what? What about the Ticket?
Application is looking really good btw.!

Picartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One recommendation I'd like to make is to use shchmue's fork of kezplez over tesnos'. Hers supports the fuses and TSEC being dumped in multiple locations as well as also supporting firmware 6.0.

In the guide, it says:

YOU MUST HAVE DUMPED YOUR FUSES AND TSEC_KEYS BEFORE USING THIS.

1. Launch CTCaer's hekate mod (v4.0+), and dump your fuses (not kfuses!) and tsec_keys by going through the menu
  • For fuses, Console Info -> Print fuse info -> Press power button
  • For tsec_keys, Console Info -> Print TSEC keys -> Press power button
Can I do that in ReiNX? Or does the shchmue fork automatically do this for me?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the guide, it says:

YOU MUST HAVE DUMPED YOUR FUSES AND TSEC_KEYS BEFORE USING THIS.

1. Launch CTCaer's hekate mod (v4.0+), and dump your fuses (not kfuses!) and tsec_keys by going through the menu
  • For fuses, Console Info -> Print fuse info -> Press power button
  • For tsec_keys, Console Info -> Print TSEC keys -> Press power button
Can I do that in ReiNX? Or does the shchmue fork automatically do this for me?
No, you must use Hekate to do so. ReiNX currently doesn't support dumping those (and likely may not in the future) and her fork most certainly does not do that automatically.

Reactions: Picartman

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just released a first version of dOPUS, my NSP/XCI manager for the Switch!
It is based on Tinfoil and 4NXCI.
You can grab it here: https://github.com/Hidki/dOPUS/releases/tag/v0.6

The interface should be self-explanatory:

Features:
  • File browser like interface
  • Install or "Install & Delete" NSP, XCI
  • Install an extracted NSP or XCI (NCA folder)
  • Extract NSP, XCI to a folder
  • Convert XCI to NSP
-------> Don't forget to place keys.dat to the root of the SDCard to use XCI features! <-------
You can generate it using kezplez https://github.com/tesnos/kezplez-nx/releases
Edit: Draxzelex suggested to us shchmue's fork of kezplez over tesnos'. Hers supports the fuses and TSEC being dumped in multiple locations as well as also supporting firmware 6.0.

Keep in mind this is a first alpha release. If people like it and use it, I might add more features!
As always I'm not responsible for any damage caused to your switch or your data.
Cheers!

aAnktuP.jpg
kO5FP7i.png
Holy fuck... That's amazing! Gonna install this now.

FrExY_432

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks awesome indeed. However one suggestion if I am able to ask. Could you possibly include a network installation for those without exfat formatted sd cards?

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does work alot better than that one that was released recently, infact it works with all my carts from XCI to NSP and doesnt take 5 or 20 minutes, then sorry error could not install like on the other one and I know everyone was having trouble with that one. Great job dude.

Though I will give props to that person who tried to do it first, atleast you tried, keep on trying, eventually you will be good at it.

HiD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This does work alot better than that one that was released recently, infact it works with all my carts from XCI to NSP and doesnt take 5 or 20 minutes, then sorry error could not install like on the other one and I know everyone was having trouble with that one. Great job dude.

Though I will give props to that person who tried to do it first, atleast you tried, keep on trying, eventually you will be good at it.
Yeah it's cool they've done it as well. The more the better. Mine is totally different from theirs in the sense it's based on 4NXCI. I'll try to improve it by avoiding the need to extract NCAs first, but there are a few things to sort out first.

Keezie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this works great for installing XCI's without having to convert them first. Thank you!

I would love to see a batch installer option, similar to how FBI installs 3DS cia files

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
An easier way to change your keys into keys.dat just use bulk rename and change the key_tsec.bin file to keys.dat result!

Last edited by Reecey,

HiD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this works great for installing XCI's without having to convert them first. Thank you!

I would love to see a batch installer option, similar to how FBI installs 3DS cia files
I'll add multiple file selection pretty soon. You'll use Y so select multiple files to install and have options to install or install and delete the whole selected batch.
It's almost written already, just have to add a few extra things and test it :)

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I tried this on my switch, it installed the xci fine, but corrupted some of my other installed games (in emunand), If I convert on a PC using 4nxci and then install - I don't get any game corruption problems. This and that other software which converts on the switch causes this problem - I'll continue converting on PC in the meantime.

Thanks anyway.

HiD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried this on my switch, it installed the xci fine, but corrupted some of my other installed games (in emunand), If I convert on a PC using 4nxci and then install - I don't get any game corruption problems. This and that other software which converts on the switch causes this problem - I'll continue converting on PC in the meantime.

Thanks anyway.
I wouldn't recommend using SX OS emunand. It's not a real emunand and provides no benefit at all, if not increasing your chances of getting banned. So yeah, haven't really looked into this emunand at all myself. Once we get the real deal, I'll make sure everything works fine with it.

Reactions: a9lh-1user

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I wouldn't recommend using SX OS emunand. It's not a real emunand and provides no benefit at all, if not increasing your chances of getting banned. So yeah, haven't really looked into this emunand at all myself. Once we get the real deal, I'll make sure everything works fine with it.

Emunand it good for installing nsp files without those being visible on ninty servers. If I want to try nsp files I install them to emunand, then when I want to go online, I remove emunand and just use normal nand - and there's no trace that I ever installed any nsp files or am using CFW.

So emunand - definitely is good for me. I'm not banned and have tried lots of NSP games. Emunand is just a container file (such as an iso) stored on the nand - it doesn't partition the nand as some seem t think, so it's safe as long as you remove it when you want to go online again.

I think installing nsp from emunand is using temp storage from that file - and that's why some games get corrupted when converting xci files from within it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup