Dop-Mii or MMM - Can these be updated?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by bezem, Oct 14, 2013.

1. bezem
    OP

bezem GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    United States
    I'm asking because I want to use either of these to download official channels like Netflix, Youtube, and Amazon Instant Video onto the Wii U Virtual Wii. The WADs I found online are of older versions, and I don't have the hexperience to hex edit the WADs I made from my original Wii's nand backup. I also tried wwpacker in conjunction with ShowMiiWADs but was unable to get the latest version of Youtube and Netflix to compile properly. I think if Dop-Mii or MultiModManager were updated to include these channels then they could be easily downloaded to vWii. Using standard vWii cIOS I was able to download the Internet Channel, News Channel, and Forecast Channel, so why not these others?

To answer the obvious questions - I know we have these on the Wii U in HD. I just like having my vWii be as close to my original Wii as possible. Also, sometimes I get weird connection issues with the Wii U Netflix app, but if I boot up in Wii mode Netflix will work flawlessly.

2. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    You do NOT want to use WADs meant for regular Wii on vWii, vice versa. Chance of bricking either vWii or regular Wii is very high. If you brick vWii, you cannot recover it on your own.

And what is the point of News Channel and Forecast Channel? Nintendo shut down these services, making these two channels useless.

3. bezem
    OP

bezem GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    United States
    I thought answering the obvious questions up front would avoid them being posted anyway; not surprised I was wrong.

Cool guy - WADs meant for regular Wii are fine on vWii and vice versa; it's IOS's that aren't. Thanks for Captain Obviousing my thread though.

Anyone have anything useful to add?

4. kavid

kavid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Wii mod lite 1.5 support vwii

Attached Files:

bezem likes this.
  5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Even so, you still need to be careful. What happens to vWii is not the developers' responsibility.

bezem likes this.
  6. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    No, there are WADs for vWii but not Wii.

I don't really understand you obsession into making vWIi into Wii (even if Nintendo didn't pull the plug, you still don't have WiiConnect24 on vWii), but DOP-MIi and MMM are both dead in terms of development.

7. bezem
    OP

bezem GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    United States
    cause why not? seems simple enough. I'm nostalgic.

8. kavid

kavid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2008
    Switzerland

wiimod is modify the dopmii etc

9. bezem
    OP

bezem GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    United States
    It doesn't seem to have channel downloading though