DOP-Mii: "failed to restore ios36 to v3551"

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by todd, Apr 19, 2010.

1. todd
    OP

todd Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2010
    United States
    I was following the completesg (http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/) and on the fakesign restorer step (step 2b on this page). I got the following error: "failed to restore ios36 to v3551". I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now because it didn't complete successfully and the only Google search result is the DOP-Mii source code itself.

This is on a 4.2U Wii with BootMii installed as IOS.

Any help is VERY much appreciated.

2. mauifrog

mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    Simple fix would be to use cboot to delete your stub and install cIOS38.

3. todd
    OP

todd Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2010
    United States
    Sorry, I'm pretty new to this. I did the whole process successfully on another Wii, but it was an older Wii. This won't brick my Wii, will it?

In cboot, which stub do I delete, and after I install cIOS38 (not even sure I know how to do that), which step does that put me at?

4. mauifrog

mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    Are you sure you are following your current guide? Is your wii online? Or did you place the required wad files in sd:\wad for offline install? Any idea why it failed?

Anyway, google this for a good cboot2 method, if you can't restore fakesign to ios36

Full hacking guide for 4.2 system menus!!!!

5. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    r u trying to do a wifi install? Do u have wifi? If not, do u have the right files saved to the sd card in the right places?