tylerzentz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
all i did was launch the new DOP-IOS v11.4 via HBC and then I ran SysCheck. After it finished I went back to the system menu and tried booting a VC game and the wii rebooted. Then I tried all the other channels and they all reboot the wii. What happened? Here is this SysCheck Log I don't know if this will help with anything.

"Dop-IOS MOD Report"
"Wii region", USA
"Wii unique device id", xxxxxxxxxx

IOS Version, FakeSign, ES_Identify, NAND, Flash, USB 2.0
"250 (r65535)", Enabled, Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Enabled
"249 (r14)", Enabled, Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Enabled
"223 (r4)", Enabled, Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"222 (r4)", Enabled, Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"202 (r4)", Enabled, Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"70 (r6687)", Enabled, Disabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"61 (r5405)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"57 (r5661)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"56 (r5405)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"55 (r5406)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"53 (r5406)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"38 (r3867)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"37 (r3869)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"36 (r3351)", Enabled, Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
"35 (r3349)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"34 (r3348)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"33 (r3091)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"31 (r3349)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"28 (r1550)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"22 (r1037)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"17 (r775)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"15 (r523)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"14 (r520)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
"13 (r273)", Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled

how can i fix my channels?

tylerzentz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
You should have known, you posted here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=206684
No, I should not have known, as the poster of that thread was never given an answer for his similar problem. Furthermore, my post on that thread had nothing to do with a solution for the problem; I was merely informing him about the newer version of DOP-IOS. So please, keep you smart-ass comments to yourself. Thank you.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
tylerzentz said:
KiiWii said:
You should have known, you posted here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=206684
No, I should not have known, as the poster of that thread was never given an answer for his similar problem. Furthermore, my post on that thread had nothing to do with a solution for the problem; I was merely informing him about the newer version of DOP-IOS. So please, keep you smart-ass comments to yourself. Thank you.

i think he was just stating that you must of read that thread and saw there was a problem with running the Syscheck in the latest rev of Dop Mod but went ahead and done one anyway without a confirmed fix

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
i think he was just stating that you must of read that thread and saw there was a problem with running the Syscheck in the latest rev of Dop Mod but went ahead and done one anyway without a confirmed fix

Not entirely. That thread was for v11.3, this thread is for v11.4.

I guess the OP of this thread was suggesting it could be fixed in v11.4, but looks like it's not...?

I'm worried now. I did the SysCheck in Dop-IOS MOD the other night and haven't checked the channels but got a "An error has occured, please refer to user manual" message on the GX Channel forwarder. Only happened once...

tylerzentz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BBking83 said:
pepxl said:

I guess the OP of this thread was suggesting it could be fixed in v11.4, but looks like it's not...?

I'm worried now. I did the SysCheck in Dop-IOS MOD the other night and haven't checked the channels but got a "An error has occured, please refer to user manual" message on the GX Channel forwarder. Only happened once...

yes, i posted this thread with regards to the newer 11.4 verson. the comment i made on the other poster dealt with v11.3.

Posts merged

QUOTE(john1010_ma @ Feb 1 2010, 04:18 AM)
So it looks like a confirmed bug that never got fixed in v11.4. Do you have a Nand backup?
not on any of my computers. i might have one on a friends'.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
pepxl said:

ppl should really check the change list before using ANY rev above the bugged 11.3(2) before thinking its gonna be fixed, just because ANOTHER rev is out DOESN'T mean its FIXED unless STATED

http://code.google.com/p/dop-iosmod/source/list

just because someone posted in a different thread for a .1 of a rev higher doesn't mean anything unless the devs have stated it been fixed

no onwe shouldn of tried dop mod without a confirmation that its fully fixed, its not a No0b mistake but a stupid end user error

john1010_ma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
pepxl said:
ppl should really check the change list before using ANY rev above the bugged 11.3(2) before thinking its gonna be fixed, just because ANOTHER rev is out DOESN'T mean its FIXED unless STATED

just because someone posted in a different thread for a .1 of a rev higher doesn't mean anything unless the devs have stated it been fixed

no onwe shouldn of tried dop mod without a confirmation that its fully fixed, its not a No0b mistake but a stupid end user error

+1

One thing for sure, being burnt by dop ios for the first time has taught me to never completely trust an application without a Nand backup, no matter how "innocent" looking the app is. Who would have thought that running a simple check could screw the wii.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
well the devs know about the bug so hopefully we''ll have a fixed rev soon but i wont be trying it out till its 100 a confirmed fix, 11 will suite me fine til then lol

Lunatik.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also let me add. If there is a bug. Open a Ticket!!!!

If we don't know about it, well guess what we can't fix it.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:

Sure, I agree with you.

BTW, here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dop-IOS/Dop-IOS_MOD it mentions a SysCheck fix, although not a channel problem.

If it helps anyone, I used v11.2 and did a syscheck) on a 3.2E Wii and SMB3 (VC) and USB Loader GX (forwarder) both work fine.

Lunatik.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK Everyone. Sorry about the channel issue. I know what is going on now. Apparently ES_AddTitleCancel doesn't remove the bogus ticket. So if you had an IOS that was patched with FakeSign (Trucha) it was adding the extra ticket to the title. Apparently the channels are getting "confused" on which ticket to use.

I will have this fixed in 11.5 and When you run SysCheck again it'll also automatically fix the channels as well.

For the time being to repair the issue what you need to do is use AnyTitle Deleter and delete the IOS that the channel uses and then reinstall the IOS using DOP 11.2.

Track Ticket status @ https://code.google.com/p/dop-iosmod/issues/detail?id=33

tylerzentz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lunatik. said:
OK Everyone. Sorry about the channel issue. I know what is going on now. Apparently ES_AddTitleCancel doesn't remove the bogus ticket. So if you had an IOS that was patched with FakeSign (Trucha) it was adding the extra ticket to the title. Apparently the channels are getting "confused" on which ticket to use.

I will have this fixed in 11.5 and When you run SysCheck again it'll also automatically fix the channels as well.

For the time being to repair the issue what you need to do is use AnyTitle Deleter and delete the IOS that the channel uses and then reinstall the IOS using DOP 11.2.

Track Ticket status @ https://code.google.com/p/dop-iosmod/issues/detail?id=33
thanks for the fast reaction to this bug. when will you release v11.5?

tylerzentz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
follow these steps to replare your broken channels.
1. go to http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Priiloader and click the "Website" button under the "Links" section on the right information box. In this website, click the "Downloads" tab at the top of the page and then click Priiloader_v0_3b.zip and save it to your desktop or wherever you please. Now extract the "boot.dol" file from the archive and place it in your "apps" folder on you SD card. Now load up the homebrew channel (see below if your homebrew channel reboots the wii) and boot up the Priiloader app and install it. Ta-DA! channel problem solved. I have no idea how the hell this fixes it, but it worked for me perfectly.

if homebrew channel reboots wii, try navigating to it via BootMii. if you already have priiloader installer, use it to boot directly to the homebrew channel and then install priiloader again with the homebrew app. if neither of these methods work for you, you can always resort to the bannerbomb exploit.

hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back