Hacking DOP-IOS , IOS50 ?? no option avaiable to DOP?

NoFate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hello,

i have a wii 3.4E with cios249 rev 14 installed (wiikey2)
now i want to install ios 50 and 53 with trucha

But when i start DOP-IOS , i am not able to do anything (dop) with IOS 50 , the tool is saying that i already have the latest ios50 installed. I am able to install/reinstall ios53 with trucha bug...

SO i did the install of ios53, but i cant run games like mario from the disc channel

What am i missing??

Thnx

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
NoFate said:
hello,

i have a wii 3.4E with cios249 rev 14 installed (wiikey2)
now i want to install ios 50 and 53 with trucha

But when i start DOP-IOS , i am not able to do anything (dop) with IOS 50 , the tool is saying that i already have the latest ios50 installed. I am able to install/reinstall ios53 with trucha bug...

SO i did the install of ios53, but i cant run games like mario from the disc channel

What am i missing??

Thnx

LOL. That's strange. I thought you could reinstall any IOS, without complaining what version it is (I can do this on my console).

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using the MOD version??

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Dop-IOS_MOD

Even if you have the latest version, you can still install it. It will ask "are you sure you want to install this version?" then ask if you want to trucha sign it.

PabloACZ said:
LOL. That's strange. I thought you could reinstall any IOS, without complaining what version it is (I can do this on my console).
Well, not really. It could be a stub. But I think the MOD version doesn't allow you to.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have 3.4, consider getting 4.1...3.4 was never really supported well (preloader and startpatch/old starfall come to mind)

Anyway, if you still can't get DOP-IOS to install IOS50, download it with NUS Downloader and install with wad manager. If you use NUS Downloader, be absolutely sure you tell it to get v4889. v5120 is a stub and will brick your wii.

You should also install bootmii as boot2 if possible before screwing with a system menu IOS.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
BBking83 said:
Well, not really. It could be a stub. But I think the MOD version doesn't allow you to.

So does the original Dop-IOS by Marc (or at least, the latest one). The main difference is that I don't why, but he didn't update some IOSes versions in the last revision (the ones that are shipped with the 4.2 update).

NoFate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hello bbking , no i didnt use the MOD version...

strange that i cant reinstall the ios50...

gonna try that NUS downloader thing

NoFate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ok , i just downloaded ios50 v4889 with NUS downloaded , i enabled the checkmark "trucha" , i installed this WAD to my 3.4 wii.

I reinstalled ios53 , latest version with both ios and ios-mod ....

but still i get the "there hasd been an error occured , pls shutdown your wii"....

what am i missing here?

It will only work with neogamma... not from disc channel

pls ?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Only thing I can think of is that: Have you got your Wiikey v2 with the latest firmware? And, are you running a patched game?

I'm still trying to get my Wiikey reading it, even though I am playing it through USB loader GX.

NoFate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i am running the patched game , but dont know what firmware i have on my wiikey, gonna burn the config disc now...

NoFate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hmz , how to see the firmware version of my wiikey v2? i dont see it anywhere in the screen when i run the config disc..

i notice that there is a firmware 1.9s that fixes some issues like smash bros brawl , but since i can run that game i thin i already have that firmware....
smile.gif

other solutions?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
0ld8oy said:
Why are people patching all of these other IOS? Am I missing something?

To load modified games through the Disc Channel?

NoFate said:
QUOTE(rasputin @ Nov 11 2009, 04:27 PM) just use the downgrade option and hash sig check yes

ios50 downgrade??? and afterwards install the last version of ios50 with sig check ??

I think he means you have to press the minus button to install the old IOS 50 (not a stub) and trucha patch it. The app doesn't allow you to install stubbed IOSes, like the latest versions of the IOS 30, 50 and 60, as their old ones are used by System Menus.

NoFate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
PabloACZ said:
0ld8oy said:
Why are people patching all of these other IOS? Am I missing something?

To load modified games through the Disc Channel?

NoFate said:
QUOTE(rasputin @ Nov 11 2009, 04:27 PM) just use the downgrade option and hash sig check yes

ios50 downgrade??? and afterwards install the last version of ios50 with sig check ??

I think he means you have to press the minus button to install the old IOS 50 (not a stub) and trucha patch it. The app doesn't allow you to install stubbed IOSes, like the latest versions of the IOS 30, 50 and 60, as their old ones are used by System Menus.

yes , thats what i mean , so i just press the minus button and install an older version of ios50 ???
and then i am fine...

what version of ios50 is not a stubbed version ?? which one i need to use?>

thnx

NoFate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wiii
finally got it , by pressing the - button and reinstalling ios50 with trucha bug i can finally start mario from the disc channel... much easier now for my gf before she bricks my wii
smile.gif

thnx for your support all!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: