Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dint read it cuz i already know about it

i think the clock was never set in the Cuban crisis i wonder what place could that have gotten

The crisis was quite quick and, if anything, showed good communication between the US and Cuba. Yes, tensions were high and we were on the brink of war, but good communications between the White House and the Kremlin prevented this crisis.
showed good communication between the US and Cuba
Fidel Castro told the soviets to fire them sovient never listen to him but if it were for cuba we would be all death now

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fidel Castro told the soviets to fire them sovient never listen to him but if it were for cuba we would be all death now

I meant Soviet Union, not Cuba, my bad.

if i remember correctly one of the things the soviets go out of the crisis was for the usa to remove his nukes from turkey that were pointing to the soviet union

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i remember correctly one of the things the soviets go out of the crisis was for the usa to remove his nukes from turkey what were pointing to the soviet union

Actually that whole place was strategically worthless to both sides, we just secretly gave them Sokolov back.

METAL GEAR IS TOTALLY HISTORICALLY ACCURATE.

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They Mayans were a little busy getting wiped off the face of the planet to keep up the calendar.

Every other 2012 theory spawned from the bullshit that we'd all die in 2012. A bunch of scientists suddenly said "Y'know come to think of it, all this bad shit is probably going to happen in 2012. huh."

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We already have been claimed to be doomed a gazillion times.

The Maya's are just laughing their skeletal asses off in their graves from trolling the modern people.
They where just to lazy to finish that stupid calender.

Sorry, meant to hit quote.

Anyways...

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg
The point of the Doomsday Clock isn't to literally say, "We're x minutes away from the apocalypse!" It's meant to convey, through a handy visual metaphor, how close we are (or at least, could be) as to catastrophic devastation. Considering recent events (Iran's advancing nuclear efforts and beilligerent threats, the recent regime change in unstable North Korea, continuing ecological damage, etc.), the reasoning behind moving the minute up is perfectly reasonable.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So humans have made a very clunky, guess-work based scientific-based equivalent of a Shinigami's eye???

LOL

Seriously, though. Damn.

Better not end soon, I haven't even finished A Storm of Swords yet! :ninja:

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
We already have been claimed to be doomed a gazillion times.

The Maya's are just laughing their skeletal asses off in their graves from trolling the modern people.
They where just to lazy to finish that stupid calender.

Sorry, meant to hit quote.

Anyways...

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg
The point of the Doomsday Clock isn't to literally say, "We're x minutes away from the apocalypse!" It's meant to convey, through a handy visual metaphor, how close we are (or at least, could be) as to catastrophic devastation. Considering recent events (Iran's advancing nuclear efforts and beilligerent threats, the recent regime change in unstable North Korea, continuing ecological damage, etc.), the reasoning behind moving the minute up is perfectly reasonable.

I wasn't really talking abou the doomsday clock but since it was related to the 2012 Mayan calender crap I felt like i had to say this.

In fact when the time comes we can do nothing to protect ourselves from a real doomsday but to say it will happen in 2012........
I bet that I'll wake up in 2013 and ask my neighbor: Hey! didn't we die last year somewhere before Christmas??

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I'm just kind of saddened by the fact that we can't have conversations about how mankind is edging ever closer to destruction without the Mayan calendar myth being brought into it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mankind is helping itself come closer to destruction by keeping a lot of medical breakthroughs a secret as well as constant warfare.

Closest "doomsday" would be a nuclear world war.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Wait so is it a magic clock that can tell when the world is going to end or is it just a man made thing to say we may be close to the end?
Anyway everyone thinks the world is going to end within our lifetime, but the truth is that none of us are that interesting enough.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Things will end eventually; I'm just not entirely sure when.

Seriously. It's a fixed point, I just can't lock on to when.

@FireGrey: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Clock

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things will end eventually; I'm just not entirely sure when.

Seriously. It's a fixed point, I just can't lock on to when.

@[member='FireGrey']: http://en.wikipedia..../Doomsday_Clock
I check this link u gave and I notice graphoc and list of doomday time. Doomsday clock...is this mean for war come around again? Man this is getting old.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did and I read it and scroll down until I see picture. Why they are talking about weapon and atomic bomb? That is not doomsday thing. That is war and weapon thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!